I’ve been looking back through some of the Craft Robo sheets I’ve bought that I call “enhancements”. The ones where what is cut isn’t usually the main focal point of the card but is there to enhance the card. Things like “lace ribbons”, “mats” and “nesties”.
I’ve used lace ribbons in several ways:
- ORNATE BORDERS 4 by Clive Couter (cut from sticky back vinyl and used as a border).
- GSD Lace Ribbons series 1 by Angela Burke (cut from textured card and used as backing strips).
- GSD Lace Strip 1 by Angela Burke (cut from sticky back vinyl and used as a simple main decoration).
Again, with mats, I’ve used them in several ways:
- NESTED SHAPES by Clive Couter (a few of different sizes and colour have been matted and layered on top of each other, but one has been used on its own as a greeting panel).
- Scroll Plaque by Hazel Kinvig-Paul (simply stuck to the front of a card with some flower embellishments on top).
- GSD Squarish Nesties by Angela Burke (the nesty shape itself has been used to make the main card, as well as two smaller nesties being matted and layered underneath the topper).
- MATS by Clive Couter (cut out in two different colours the mats have been wrapped around the fold for a different look).
Other things that can be used to enhance your cards are ornate frames:
- ORNATE FRAMES 5 by Clive Couter (cut out of sticky back vinyl in this case just makes the card extra special with just a simple topper.)