Today Ive decided to highlight some of the cards Ive made using designs put up on CUP by Russ Smith. Ive made cards with several of his designs and have picked five quite different cards in terms of style and colour to show off this time.
- Victorian Roses Book Sheet (The book shape itself is easy to cut out, but the flower layers for decoupaging are quite fiddly but could be left off, or some left off, if it would make things manageable for the card-maker. The design sheet includes two right hand “pages” with greetings if you want to use them, though I just used Welsh peel-offs for my card.)
- Blue Butterfly Waterfall (I chose this design because it is easy to cut out and I like butterflies. I think it turned out very lovely with the matting and layering and the addition of butterfly trails fine crystal glitter.)
- Cream and White Shoes On Lace Card Front (A cream image on white means that this card has very subtle colouring. It was a bit of a fiddle to cut round the shoe strap, but again you could opt not to decoupage all the layers up.)
- Strawberries Card Front (Another design I loved but chose for my “good days” cutting out because of the ins and outs on the decoupage layers, but again, if you had trouble with all the layers you could leave some or all off the main image and just use that matted and layered as a card front.)
- Books Card Front (This card also has added layers to decoupage, but this time the layers are easier to cut out because of the nature of their shape. I think that this card is very versatile. I put some Welsh “Congratulations” peel-offs on to give to somebody who’d had their head in their books and passed their exams, but it would be a nice card to give somebody on any occasions, such as a birthday, especially if you are giving them a book as a gift with it, or as a good luck when they are studying before exams.)
Some of Russ’ most stunning designs lately have included those that have images of wild animals on them. If you click on the link to go and see his sheets and then type “wildlife” into the “Search Designer’s Items:” box you can take a look at them.
You can see this designers design sheets by clicking – here
(Hes got over 1,200 items listed.)
You can see the cards Ive made using design sheets from CUP in my Crafter Showcase Area on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)