First I’m showing some of the latest cards I’ve made, then there’s some news of a discount code – so keep reading!
Here are the latest cards I put together yesterday. I have to admit that some had been cut out for some time but I’ve just not been feeling well enough to put them together. Many were cut out using my CraftROBO. No way I’d be able to cut out the intricate designs by hand with either a scissors or a craft knife.
- STYLISED FLOWER OVER THE EDGE CARD by Clive Couter (After cutting out the design using my CraftROBO and folding the card I cut a piece of acetate the same size as the back and stuck it behind the front. I coloured in the back of the acetate using ProMarkers – no need to worry about going over the edges doing it this way – before putting a piece of gold mirror card behind the acetate. I just finished the card off with some gold peel-offs of grasses and clouds.)
- BIRDS 2 OVER THE EDGE CARD by Clive Couter (Same method as the one above for this one, just cut out of different coloured card and with different style of gold peel-offs.)
- Purple Backing Paper1 by Sandra Carlse and Daisy Square Pyramage Topper by Jo Gethin (The backing paper was simply folded in half and glued together before trimming to the correct width and scrolling top and bottom before attaching. The pyramage is just straight edge cutting so nothing difficult about this card at all.)
- From The Heart Painted Agapanthus Design Sheet With Scallope by Mandy Russell (This card has lots of scallop edges to cut out in addition to the straight edges, but they are quite wide scallops so are not too difficult to cut. The only extras used on this card were a few faux gems.)
- GSD Greek Style Square Nesties by Angela Burke (The layers were cut using my CraftROBO and then I simply stuck on some flower stickers and a greeting. A simple but effective card.)
- FRAME APERTURE CARD 4 by Clive Couter (Such intricate cutting to make the frame for this card – but all cut out using my CraftROBO so nothing at all difficult about making this card.)
- GSD Tulip Circle Flower by Angela Burke (This is a very intricate style of flower layers that would be impossible to cut out by hand but are easy to make using the CraftROBO. With the cutting of the different size layers taken care of there’s just the fun of shaping and putting together left for the crafter. I think I’ll play with adding glitter to the tips of the flowers, or perhaps distress inks, the next time I make them.)
The call is also out for everybody to go and have a look at all the fantastic entries in the “Mothers Day Competition – March 2011“, and place a vote for the card you think is the best – if you haven’t already done so. There are over eighty entries, (and yes, this does include an entry I made) so please click on each thumbnail image to have a good look at each card entry before picking the card you think is the best and giving it your vote. Just a quick look at the thumbnails doesn’t show you the details of the workmanship put into the cards and, who knows, you may even get inspiration for your own cards from seeing the variety of images and styles chosen by so many cardmakers who are at various levels of development as card makers.
(Note – you do need to be a member of Craftforums to place a vote, but you can look without voting and if you do want to vote and are not a member yet then why not join this really great and friendly crafting community?)
You can see the cards Ive made using design sheets from CUP in my Crafter Showcase Area on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)