I’ve been making some jewellery items and some cards this month. I often make boxes or box/cards to present my jewellery in but wanted some other way to display them for taking better photographs, so I set to work to create my own display stands in my CraftROBO software. I thought that a mat colour didn’t look right or interesting enough so I decided to print backgrounds onto my card before cutting out.
The stands that I’m using to display these first batch of jewellery is printed with the Satin in Gold background by Karen Adair.
- I used seed beads in mixed shades of purple to make this first set. The necklace is strung on white beading thread and the bracelet is on memory wire.
- This bracelet is also made on memory wire, this time using Silver Lined Amethyst Toho Seed Beads.
- And another bracelet made using memory wire. The beads used this time are Silver Lined Purple Toho Seed Beads.
- This bracelet is made by putting red acrylic beads onto eye pins and twisting the other end of the eye pins to a spring type end. These were threaded onto tigertail wire, inter-spaced with silver coloured spacer beads. A lobster claw clasp was attached with crimp beads and an extension chain with another red bead was attached.
Both these stands and the box were made using card printed with Faded Elegance Paper in Lilac by Rebecca Brindley. The first set is printed onto good quality smooth white card and the stand in the second picture is made using Centura Pearl Ivory card.
- Another seed bead necklace and bracelet made using a mixture of purple shades of seed beads.
- This is a chain for spectacles. It’s made using the same Silver Lined Purple Toho Seed Beads as in bracelet 3 above threaded onto clear beading thread.
Each of these three cards has flower embellishments made by cutting out textured yellow and orange card using cutting file LAYERED FLOWERS by Clive Couter. Flowers are so popular and with three styles of flower layers this file offers lots of opportunities to make flowers of all colours. You could even select all the layers on the cutting file page and re-size them to give you an assortment of flower sizes. The list that follows gives details of other cutting files I’d also used in making the cards.
- BUTTERFLIES SET 2 by Apetroae Stefan and GSD Postage Nesties & Mats…… by Angela Burke (The Butterfly cutting file has two butterflies on it, and the Postage Nesties & Mats come in many sizes. I only used one item from each of these files, but you could use several of the nesties and mats to build up your card if you wished.)
- GSD Squiggle Nesties by Angela Burke (Again I’ve only used one layer of the nesties as a mat on this card as I’d been asked for a simple card with a flower, but you could mat and layer with several of the nestie sizes to really make it stand out.)
- GSD Leaf Frames, Mats and Edgings.. by Angela Burke (You get a lot of frames, edgings and the matching mats in this cutting file. The leaf frames give a different look to a card and all it needs is a simple topper inside.)
You may remember my entry into a Female Birthday Card Competition last month. I used both the LAYERED FLOWERS and the BUTTERFLIES SET 2 in the creation of this card, but they look totally different as I made them a bit smaller and cut them all out of areas that were printed from within the main image to keep the colour tones consistent.
- Lilac fabri flower kit by Sarah Lake (A simple little card, with an insert, all from one sheet. I’m thinking that I’ll add a little faux stitching around the outside next time, but in reality this is a design that needs very little embellishment.)
CUP Mailer Update
A copy of the mailer sent out yesterday, 6th July 2011, can be seen by clicking -> here. You’ll see the work of some of CUP’s Bronze Designers, a “New From” section featuring the work of American Designer Julene Harris, and some CUP Latest News.
July Card Making Competition
As noted in the Latest News section of the mailer – the July card making competition is underway. You can see the entries already made (Yes indeed, there are some CUP card makers who are very quick off the mark and have already uploaded their entries) or upload your own entry by clicking -> here.
These are the instructions:
Make any Male Birthday Themed card using any download from Craftsuprint
Entry will be open until 22nd July and the winner will be announced on July 29th.
ONE ENTRY PER USER!
The winner will receive a specially commissioned Craftsuprint ‘July 2011’ Crystal Crafter Trophy and a £25 CUP Gift Voucher
Everyone who enters will receiver a freebie
PLEASE ENTER THE CUP NUMBER WITH YOUR UPLOAD
As my father will be 80 next month I think that I’ll get my thinking cap on and try to come up with a special card for him that I can enter in the competition.
You can see the cards Ive made using design sheets from CUP in my Crafter Showcase Area on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)