In my last post I said that I was working through my library of digital designs to pick out my favourite Christmas card designs to re-make this year. I’ve now picked out a few more to show you.
- Cute Toppers by Sheila Wilks (Six quick and cute cards to make with only straight edge cutting.)
- Nativity Scene Square Spiral Edge Stacker Christmas Card by Elaine Sheldrake (Again, only straight edges to cut but it builds up into a dimensional picture.)
- Golden Star Cascade by Sheila Wilks (A card that only has straight cutting but makes a lovely star card.)
- Santa Got Stuck Easy Over the Edge Card n spiral pyramid by Carol Clarke (Just a simple Nadolig Llawen [Happy Christmas] green peel-off added).
- Christmas nativity digital stamp craft sheet by Claire Keay (Printed out at a little under A5 size this digi-stamp was simply coloured in with Promarkers before sticking to the front of a gold, linen textured, A5 card and some fine border peel-offs put around it. No difficult cutting, but the colouring in was a job for a steady hand day.)
Hopefully by my next post I’ll have got some of this years batch to show you. My hands have been playing up a bit lately so the only ones I’ve made this week have been made using die-cut designs. It’s a start, but not nearly enough. Let’s see how the rest of the week goes.
CUP Newsletter Mailer – If you missed the previous announcement of a discount code, giving you a whopping 20% off your total order” from the craftsUprint site, then the details are once again to be seen in the latest mailer to be sent out by CUP. You can see a copy by clicking – here. As per usual the mailer highlights lots of different card designs available on the site – this time ones created by some of the Gold Designers on CUP. There’s also a link to the latest CUP TV episode by CUP Exclusive Designer, Clive Couter.
In this episode he demonstrates a few different ways to introduce colour to his Floral Over The Edge cards. One of the cards, cut out using one of his cutting file designs, that he uses in his demonstration, is the “Floral 4 Over The Edge Card” which you can see by clicking – here.
I’ve bought this cutting file myself and used a totally different method to the ones demonstrated in the CUP TV episode to colour it in. You can read my description of how I made this card by clicking – here.
Of course, as per usual, the mailer contains lots of other bits of news, Card Maker Spotlight, Designer Spotlight, etc., so it’s well worth clicking through to have a look.
Card Competition – Voting is now in full swing for the CUP September card making competition. The theme this month is Birthday Teen Boy”, which, if you speak to many a card maker I’m sure they’ll say is a difficult age group to create a card for. Even if you are not a Craftforum member, and therefore are not able to vote (of course any crafter is welcome to join at any time, which you can do by clicking – here – and you should see the link to join at the top right corner) you can still go and look at the entries, by clicking -> here – as you may well find inspiration for your own card making on show.
You can see the cards Ive made using design sheets from CUP in my Crafter Showcase Area on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.