Not made a lot of cards in the last two days, just two congratulations cards, one on a sewing theme and one on a DIY theme. Both were very easy to make as there was only straight edged cutting involved. Click on the thumbnail images and you’ll get taken to larger versions of the cards which make it easier to see the detail (click the “Back” link in your browser to come back here), or click on the linked title below to get taken to the page of the design sheet I used to make them.
- 4 Stitchen sewing bookmarks/dl toppers by Sharon Poore (I printed the sheet out twice and used two of the pink colour-scheme bookmarks as toppers on a gate-fold card. The other two I used to make bookmarks. For the bookmarks the panels were stuck to gold mirror card and trimmed to leave a margin. Strips of ribbon were stuck behind the top and then the bookmarks were backed with the same pink iridescent card-stock as the main card was made from.)
- DIY Carpenter/Joiner Dude Pyramid by Gordon Fraser (I used sticky back plastic for the wood-grain background on this card, and gold mirror card for the matting.)
CUP Newsletter Mailer – You can see the newsletter E-mailed out on the 9th September by clicking – here. It’s well worth a browse through. Included are:
- for those who’ve got dexterity issues that make cutting out intricate decoupage an impossibility, but who can manage the less intricate stuff, there’s some of the newest “Easy to Cut Decoupage” designs by youngster Russ Smith;
- there are some “Keepsake Horseshoe Toppers” from designer Amanda McGee which can be made up as stand alone keepsakes as well as used as toppers on cards;
- a couple of designers who’ve sold over 10,000 items on the craftsUprint site and have gone “Platinum” are given a mention;
- there’s news that somebody’s found Bob on the craftsUprint site and won the Bob Pot, which stood at £176.09 at that time (Don’t worry, Bob has gone back into hiding somewhere else now – read about the “Crafty Bob Treasure Hunt” and see the current total of the Bob Pot -> here);
- there’s even news that “CUP Celebrates it’s 250,000 Upload!” and details of the designer who uploaded it;
- there’s examples of items previously crafted by one of the newer crafters to take up cardmaking and join the family at Craftforums;
- PLUS lots more of news from the craftsUprint site and its sister site Craftforums.
As I said, well worth a read.
Card Competition – The competition gallery “September 2011 Birthday Teen Boy Competition” can be seen by clicking -> here. Entries can be uploaded until the until September 24th. The winner, who’ll be announced on the 30th September, will receive a specially commissioned Craftsuprint ‘September 2011’ Crystal Crafter Trophy and a £25 CUP Gift Voucher! And there will be a free download sent to all those who enterered, to be sent out after the competition closes. There are already some entries in so pop over to have a look at them.
You can see the cards Ive made using design sheets from CUP in my Crafter Showcase Area on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)