I’ve been playing around with some Designer Resources.
I wanted a specific effect for a soft, lacy looking, card with a matching box, but didn’t have the lace background I had in mind in my crafty stash, so went looking and found something suitable amongst the Designer Resources on CUP. While searching I picked up a few other designer resources to play with and use with the lace background.
Then I spotted a kit of ornate crosses that I thought would look great for sympathy and Easter cards, and then a frame kit that I thought would work well with the crosses.
(Remember that you can click on the thumbnail images to have a better look at each item.)
Cards and a Box:
1 2 3 4 5
The majority of the design work for these items was done within a design software, leaving just the finishing touches to be done by hand once the items were printed and cut out. Picture 4 shows all the matching items – Print, Cut, Fold A5 card – as seen in 1; Insert – as seen in 2; Small Hexagon Box – as seen in 3. The last item is a simple card front with one extra layer. This last item was the one with the most intricate of cutting work, with some ins and outs cutting at the corners and scalloped edge on the added layer, but other than that I tried to keep to just straight cutting for the items to keep them simple. And in reality I could have cut straight around the framed cross and not cut into the corners, and also not used the added layer, which is what I’ll do in future on my “bad hand” days if I need another similar card.
There follows a list of the Designer Resources I used. Please click through to see what I worked with.
- Print, Cut, Fold A5 card – DR Lace Backgrounds Blues Kit 1 by Emma Bee & Circular Lace & Ribbon Frames by June Young.
- Insert for A5 card – DR Lace Backgrounds Blues Kit 1 by Emma Bee & Circular Lace & Ribbon Frames by June Young.
- Small Hexagon Box – DR Lace Backgrounds Blues Kit 1 by Emma Bee & Circular Lace & Ribbon Frames by June Young & Hexagon Box Template by Carol Lepard.
- All the matching items – DR Lace Backgrounds Blues Kit 1 by Emma Bee & Circular Lace & Ribbon Frames by June Young & Hexagon Box Template by Carol Lepard.
- Card Front with added layer – Gold and Enamel Picture Frames by Karen Hughes & Flower Crosses & Dove CU4CU Set 2 by Janyce Cotterill.
Keep an eye out for more items using Designer Resources in my next Blog Post as I’m currently working on a card and box in a theme more suitable to a male recipient.
CUP Newsletter Mailer – A copy of the mailer E-mailed out today, Wednesday, 11th January, can be seen by clicking – here. The mailer was showcasing some of the CUP Silver designers work, plus includes the usual spread of news, New From items, etc.
Card Making Competition – The voting is now in full swing for CUP Crafter of the Year 2011 Competition. The New and Bronze CUP Designers voted on Monday, the “Silver” CUP Designers on Tuesday, and today it’s the turn of the “Gold” CUP Designers to vote. You can click – here – to read up more on how the Crafter of the Year is decided and to see the current leader-board.
You can see the cards Ive made using design sheets from CUP in my Crafter Showcase Area on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.