Was feeling a bit exhausted and not up to cutting out anything using either a scissors or a craft knife, so I got my CraftROBO out, connected it to my Laptop computer and set it to work. The base cards for the five cards I made were either cut out using the CraftROBO, a pre-made card, or simply an A4 sheet of card scored and folded. All the decorations were either items or die-cut elements from my crafty stash, or cut out using my CraftROBO. I did use a corner punch on two of the cards, so the only thing I used a scissors for was to chop some foam tape, cut the ribbon and bow on card 5, and to trim the paper ribbon down the right hand side of card 4.
(Remember that you can click on the thumbnail images to have a better look at each item.)
(Clicking on the text links below each set of images takes you to the pages where you can see some of what I used to make the cards. These linked pages also have a longer description of how I made the item.)
I’ve tried to go for different looks on these five cards even though every one features flowers in on form or another.
- Scalloped Arch Layers…….Studio by Tina Fitch (Although this card looks complicated there was absolutely no cutting out by hand involved. An A4 iridescent white card was just scored and folded in half and a corner punch was used to add detail. Then just dusted over the corner details and card edges with gold. The arch was cut out using my CraftROBO using a pale yellow and a buttery cream coloured Silk Art card. The decoration were just bits from my crafty stash.)
- Scalloped Fancy Shape Layers…..Studio by Tina Fitch and flowers and butterflies from OVAL 2 CARD with layered flower and butterfly by Clive Couter (I chose to play around with a totally different colour scheme for this card than the previous one, using several colours of iridescent, heavyweight paper, from the same pack. Some of the layers are stuck directly down to the layer underneath and some are stuck in place using 2mm deep, double sided, foam tape. This card is decorated with butterflies and flowers cut out with the cutting file used for the next card.)
- OVAL 2 CARD with layered flower and butterfly by Clive Couter (I chose a quite soft and simple look for this card. I kept the decoration to a minimum as some of the family like minimalist cards, so only two shades of pink card and one shade of iridescent paper have been used to make the whole card – and there were lots of cut out flowers and butterflies left to use on other projects.)
- Fancy Bracket Shape Easel Card – Silhouette by Kim Paley (The base card and top layer were cut out from two shades of yellow/cream silk art card-stock. The decoration is from a die-cut decoupage sheet just popped out and stuck together. And there’s a whole other decoupage and other elements left on the sheet to use again.)
- Nested Shape #8 by Hazel Kinvig-Paul (I used a sheet of maroon silk art card, with the cream and white ones, for a richer look to this card. The layers just set off the bunch of roses perfectly I think. Sometimes it only takes some nice layering and a simple topper to create a very classy card.)
Crafty Bob’s Tombola – Don’t forget that every new order placed on the craftsUprint site will entitle the customer to a free play on Crafty Bob’s Tombola. Everyone wins a prize! Over £250 in prizes are given away EVERY DAY in the World’s only Crafting Tombola game.
Crafty Bob’s Crazy 5 Minute Game – Have you bought digital designs from the craftsUprint site? Are you keeping an eye out to see if your name comes up giving you a 5 minute window to claim a monetary prize? CUP customers names are being chosen at random and if they are online and spot their name during the 5 minute slot then they can claim the prize. The prize pot goes up every five minutes as the name changes if it hasn’t been claimed. Have a look at the information page – here – to learn more. There’s even a list of those who’ve missed their chance as well as a list of those who’ve won, and what the prize pot that they got was.
Crafty Bob’s Bingo – Crafty Bob is currently looking for a FOUR CORNERS AND A CENTRE in Game 71 as I’m writing this, but please click – here – to check the current status, and see the numbers already called, as you are reading my post. Bingo Cards are FREE to all CUP customers.
You can see the cards Ive made using design sheets from CUP in my Crafter Showcase Area on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.