I haven’t made a lot of cards the last few days, but I thought I’d show you what I have done now, rather than waiting until I’d made more before I posted again to my blog.
(Remember that you can click on the thumbnail images to have a better look at each item.)
(Clicking on the text links below each set of images takes you to the pages where you can see some of what I used to make the cards. These linked pages also have a longer description of how I made the item. Leave me a comment if you want any further information.)
Although all these cards use digital downloads from the craftsUprint site I’ve tried to give them a different look by using different base cards or embellishments with them, to make them my own. I don’t have a particular style, other than the fact that my health and fluctuating disabling conditions do mean that very intricate cutting by hand is out of the question as far as I’m concerned. But the very fact that my dexterity fluctuates does mean that I can manage more some days, and no crafting at other times.
- Fairy in pink and green oval pyramid by Amanda McGee & 12 Colour Haze Background Papers by June Young (The background and pyramid were printed onto Super Smooth white card. Only oval cutting of the topper and straight cutting for the stepper card were involved. I used my Hougie Board to score the side stepper card.)
- Girl in Basket Wavy Side Stacker by Sarah Edwards (Again this was printed onto Super Smooth white card. The cutting out of the design was only straight and wavy cutting, so nothing intricate to cut. The base card was bought in already cut and scored to this design – a Hunkydory card if I remember rightly – so the card looks quite intricate without any of the difficult work to make it look this way.)
- My husband’s Hawaii plant by Bodil Lundahl (I used Centura Pearl Ivory A4 card scored and folded in half to make this card and kept the ivory theme going throughout by using ivory organza ribbon and ivory, faux pearl, embellishments. For this card, and the next two, I printed the design sheet out onto 150gsm glossy photo paper. The topper, including the frame and pyramid elements were all quite easy to cut out using a pair of scissors and no intricate cutting was involved.)
- Spanish daisies, pyramid by Bodil Lundahl (Another base card that I’d bought already cut and scored, from a Hunkydory special offer pack. The topper is all straight cutting so an easy card to cut and make up.)
- 12 Colour Haze Background Papers by June Young & African silhouettes by Debra Jenkinson & 6 Mens Belts by Vicki Avcin (The three kits used to make up this card are “Designer Resources” so I took them into one of my graphics software and arranged them to make the image I wanted before creating some layers and printing the lot out. I purposely made the design with just straight edge cutting involved and used the same type of Centura Pearl card as for card 3. A simple to cut and make card that has some dimension.)
CUP Newsletter Mailer – The last mailer was sent out by the staff at craftsUprint HQ on Monday, 23rd January. You can see a copy by clicking – here – if you don’t get it sent directly to your E-mail box. You’ll see lots of designs that you can buy and use in your cardmaking, some of them completely new, lots of news, and the latest CUP TV episode.
You can see the cards Ive made using design sheets from CUP in my Crafter Showcase Area on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
A BIG Thank You to all you lovely people whove left such nice comments on my various blog posts over the last few weeks. I really appreciate every one of them.
(Youll notice that comments dont go live the minute you post them. Having occasionaly had problems with unsuitable Spam/Advertising comment posts [150 in one day alone once] I now moderate all comments before they go live.)