Firstly I’d like to say “Thank You Very Much” to those of you whove left comments on my previous blog posts. I really appreciate the nice things youve said about my crafting efforts.
In my post of the 2nd of April (click – here – to have a look if you haven’t already seen it) I said I had one more batch of samples from Tina Fitch’s CD-ROM Cameo Creations to show you again. Well here they are:
Please click on the thumbnail images to have a look at a larger image in each case,
as these thumbnails are just too small for you to see the detail of each item.
- Cracker (Christmas Cracker.studio) – Whether you want them to decorate the table at Christmas, or even some other occasion, or whether you want to make crackers a little smaller for the Christmas tree, this is a quick and easy design to put together after cutting (Cut from Satin Board, tied with ribbon and decorated with some peel-offs.)
- Doily Door Card (Doiley door 1.studio; Doiley door 2.studio) – I do wish that the really glittery finish of this card showed up in photos. The whole thing twinkles in any light. I did have to take a bit of time pushing out the tiniest pieces from the “doilies” as they didn’t just drop out or stick to the cutting mat when the card was lifted, but it was well worth the time spent. (Cut from linen effect cardstock. Used fine double sided tape around the edge of each panel and put on ultra fine crystal glitter. Gems in the centre of each round and used quickie glue pen to put glitter around those as well it really does sparkle in the light but the glitter doesnt show up in the photo at all. I put vellum behind each panel to make them show out while still allowing light through if put against a window or other light source. Finished off with ribbon at the door edge.)
- Same as the previous card but with the doors open so that you can see the inside back.
- Frilly Frame (Frilly fRAME.studio) – This is another item that shows off the Cameo’s ability to cut out sticky back vinyl. I kept this one simple, but I think that putting some sticky back gems amongst the design would make a more “blingy” card. (Have a closer look at the design, it’s actually the same design as card 1 in the second row of cards in my previous post but this time cut out of vinyl, transferred to linen effect cardstock which was trimmed and a metallic marker used to edge it. Attached to base card made of Centura Pearl and two rub-ons put in the centre.)
- Flower Panel Card (12 x 12 Flower page.studio) – I used a Silhouette pen to “draw” the design rather than cut out a panel. (I thought the design was very pretty and would be great for a scrapbook page, but a bit too large for me to make a sample out of, so reduced it to just under 8 square in size and used a pen from the glitter set to draw it out onto linen card-stock, rather than cutting it. I coloured the edge with big and juicy ink pad and used the same one to stamp greeting. Ribbon tired around and some flowers punched from pearlescent cardstock with some drops of pearlescent glue in the middle finish it off. Didnt want to put on too much as the idea is to show off the design from the sheet, but it looked a bit too plain without putting anything on. Base card is made from Centura Pearl cardstock.)
I spotted numbers 2/3 and 4 in the show. The card shown in pictures 2 & 3 were on the second row on the right of the bookcase behind Dean, and 4 was on the top row of the bookcase.
I’ve now also spotted another two from my first posting of samples – card 4 from the first row and the card in pictures 2, 3 and 4 was on the second bookshelf which was briefly visible behind Dean when he went accross to show some of the bits that go with the Cameo.
Keep an eye out for repeats if you missed the program, though there may not be repeats if either the Cameo or Tina’s CD-ROM sold out after the show.
- CD-ROM – Cameo Creations by Tina Fitch
- Cutting Machine and Other Silhouette Items Silhouette Cameo; Cutting Mat; Blade; Silhouette Sketch Pens; Silhouette Sketch Pens – Glitters; Silhouette Transfer Paper; Silhouette Universal Tools;
- Media Hunkydory card (Silk Art Card and Adorable Scorable card); Linen Effect Metallic cardstock; Glitter Card; Glitter Paper; Centura Pearl Snow White card; Linen Effect white cardstock; Vellum; Satin Board; Acetate; Silhouette Bright (Smooth) Colours Peel Off Media Vinyl; Pearlescent cardstock; Mirror Board; Black cardstock
- Embellishments Sticky Back Gems; Googly Eyes; Peel-offs; Ribbons; gems on branches; Pearlescent glue dots; Brads; Flock Rub-Ons;
- Anything Else Used Quickie Glue Pen; ProMarker; Tonic Flower Punch; Hougie Board; Happy Birthday stamp; Black Soot distress ink; Waterfall Big and Juicy; Zig glue pen; Ultra fine Chrystal Glitter; Guiding flakes; Metallic Marker; Fingerlift Tape; Pinflair Glue Gel; Foam Tape;
The CD-ROM “Cameo Creations” can be bought from C & C by going to – this – page.
And did any of you notice Hayley West cutting a branch with leaves out during the show? Well that’s the leafy branch I used several times at the top right of my Mother’s Day card. This is the card, but you can see a further, angled, closeup, and full details in my blog post of the 30/03/2012 which you can see – here. As you can see, I cut out of gingham printed card-stock and used a ball tool to give several branches dimension before attaching to my card, whereas Hayley cut hers out of sticky back cardstock. You may remember that the Scalloped Layered Full Letter Alphabet GSD are another of Tina’s cutting files if you’ve read my previous post. I’ve also got more cards I’ve made using Tina’s cutting files amongst my Crafter Showcase Gallery on the craftsUprint site, which you can see by clicking – here. Several of the cutting files used there are amongst the designs on Tina’s “Cameo Creations” CD-ROM as well as being for sale individually on the CUP site. Now I wonder whether we’ll see another CD-ROM before long with even more of her cutting files on it? Perhaps some of the ones seen on the CUP site and Tina’s own site that are not on the current one?
CUP Mailer – You can see a copy of the mailer sent out by the CUP Team on the 2nd April by clicking – here. As usual you’ll see lots of fabulous designs, plus snippets of news from the ranks of Registered Crafters and Designers, including one recovering from an operation and another stuck in the wilds, outside mobile phone reception, when the car broke down. Read more in the mailer.
You can see the cards Ive made using design sheets from CUP in my Crafter Showcase Area on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
(Hi All – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that Ive had some problems with Spam/advertising posts, that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when Ive checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)