Ive just made a new card that Id like to enter in a challenge as follows:
- Crafty Bloggers Network – Challenge #21 – Decoupage – lots of layers of flowers decoupaged for dimension in the central panel.
- Crafter’s Companion Monthly Challenge – Challenge 24 Here Comes Summer – I can’t think of anything that tells me that summer is here than loads of flowers all over the place.
Heres the card:
- Closeup of greeting panel – “Penblwydd Hapus” – which is Welsh for “Happy Birthday”. (Click on thumbnail image for a closer look)
- Side view of oval flower panel showing dimension of decoupaged flowers (Again, click on thumbnail image for a closer look)
This is how I made it:
- Background is 1 of ones from – Semi-Transparent Pretty Rose ‘Organza’ Digital Embellishments by Carol Clarke
- Flower elements are several components from – Floral Frames and Ornaments lilacs by Susan Wood
I wanted a card front that would go on an 8″ square card but still allow me space to further decorate with some peel-off so I first put the background in place and decided on the size. I then added the outside frame and an oval frame of flowers. On the rest of the graphics package page, off the main card front, I took several other oval frames, resizing them and placing on top of each other to create an oval panel of flowers. The straight banner of flowers were taken and a greetings panel was added. Other little groupings of flowers were also dotted about to fill up the space on the page. I then printed off the created page out onto Crafty Bob Paper and cut out the main panel and all the other individual pieces. The main panel was stuck to an 8″ square, white card front onto which I’d lightly dusted some distress ink to take the starkness out of the white to tone it in with the card front. I then put on fine gold border peeloffs around the main panel. The card was finished off by sticking on all my floral decoupage layers using glue gel.
There’s an EXCLUSIVE LAUNCH OFFER on the crafbybob.com site for this weekend only. Every craftsUprint customer who places an order on craftybob.com this weekend gets a £5 CUP voucher! This fantastic offer is for this weekend only and all CUP £5 vouchers will be placed into your CUP Crafter Control Panel within 72 hours of your craftybob.com purchase.
I know that most of my followers will be crafters in their own right, so probably won’t be in the market for handcrafted items like they would make themselves. But if you are a card-maker, not only might other handcrafted items, such as knitting or jewellery, be of interest to you, but you should check out the “Craft Supplies” and “Craft Tools” sections on the craftybob.com site for what’s available.
Don’t forget that you can see the items I’ve already uploaded to craftybob.com by clicking -> here.
CUP Mailer – A copy of the CUP mailer sent out on Wednesday, 9th May, can be seen by clicking -> here. Lots of cardmaking ideas to be seen, as per usual.
A copy of the mailer sent out on Friday, 11th May, can be seen -> here. If you like cards with dimension then you’ll see plenty of ideas in this mailer, including several styles of pop-up cards.
May Card Making Competition – The theme for the May Card Making Competition has been announced. This time you need to make a “Wedding” themed card using any CUP download. Details are on the Craftforums site and you’ll find your “Upload Competition Entry” link part way down your “Crafter Control Panel” on the main craftsUprint site. The last entry date is the 22nd May, 2012, with the winner being announced on the 30th.
You can see the cards Ive made using design sheets from CUP in my Crafter Showcase Area on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.