Ive finished a card yesterday afternoon, and managed to get a reasonable picture, although I’m not totally happy that the photo reflects the various shades of green exactly right. I would like to enter it into a few of challenges:
- Paper Crafting Journey – Anything Goes
- LEJ DESIGNS Challenge No 14. – MYSTICAL, MAGICAL OR MYSTERIOUS – A mysterious, magical, fairy
- Divas by design – Flowers – flowers used as embellishments
- Crafts & Me – Green with Envy – main colour scheme is various shades of green
- Simply Create Too – Challenge #19 – “Anything Goes”
- One Stitch At A Time Challenge Blog – Challenge #124 – Use a Digi
- The Crafty Pad – #181 – ‘Things with Wings!’
Hope you all like my card.
Heres the card:
Click on these thumbnail images to see closeups of one of the flower bouquets and the coloured in fairy:
This is how I made it:
I printed out digi-stamp Forest Fairy Acantha Digi Stamp by Gordon Fraser onto 300gsm Super Smooth cardstock at less than half size. I decided to use a green theme to the card with matting in brown pearlescent card-stock and adding yellow highlights with flowers from my crafting stash.
I coloured the fairy in using ProMarkers, using Cool Grey 1 and Pale Blue for the wings. I took a piece of Printable Seam Binding and coloured that with the same green ProMarker as I’d used as one of the greens on her dress. I used a template to mark out around the fairy and cut her out before using some Ink Dusters to colour in around the edge using Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink mixed together. I used the same ink combination around the edge of a pre-cut 8″ square card.
The main mat is a sheet of green cardstock from the Coredinations Traditional Christmas Cardstock Collection which, after cutting to size, I sanded a bit around the edge to give some dimension to it.
Both the fairy panel and the Cordiantions layer were matted onto the brown pearlescent card-stock and I trimmed them both to leave a small margin. I used 1mm deep, double sided foam tape to attach the green, Cordinations panel to the front of the card, and 3mm deep, double sided foam squares to attach the fairy panel to the front of that towards the right. I wrapped the coloured seam binding around the folded base of two sprays of the yellow flowers before using glue gel to attach the bouquet to the top left and a smaller spray to the bottom right of the fairy panel.
I hope that it meets the rules of all the challenges I’ve entered.