Just a quick post this time to show you one card I received and one I sent.
My partner for the May Card Swap on the “Stamping Dragon Designs” group on FB was Kim Brown. Photos of the card I received from her, together with the card I sent her, and the details of what I used to make it, can be seen below.
May Card Swap on the Stamping Dragon Designs FB group – this is the card I received from Kim Brown. Thank you so much Kim.
Isn’t that duck so cute. The image has a shimmer to it, that isn’t very obvious in the photo, so I asked Kim what she’d used and she said she’d coloured it in, then taken a sponge and put “Stampin’ UP! Glimmer Watermark stampin’ pad” all over it. So that’s something else for my crafting wish list.
This next one is the card that I sent Kim – it’s similar to another one I made (and showed you in my post – here) but has more flowers and doodling and I’ve used some different colours on the image.
(Clicking on the text links below each set of images takes you to the pages where you can see some of what I used to make the cards.)
- Butterfly Garden Digi Stamp by Janette Padley (I printed the sheet, at smaller than the size provided, onto 300gsm Super Smooth white cardstock. I then coloured the design in using my ProMarkers. The colours I used were: Plum, Tropical Orchid, Fuchsia Pink, Holly, Powder Blue, Capri Blue, Satin, Ivory, Icicle. I cut the image out using my circle scissors and went round the image and circle edge with a light coloured ProMarker as a shadow the same colour as I’d used for the butterflies. I matted the coloured digi onto a mat of pale pink cardstock. This mat was only slightly larger than the digi panel. I then made a circle of pink cardstock that was half an inch larger and layered the matted digi onto this. I then cut across the bottom of the circular matted digi. I made a 6″ square card from Adorable Scorable cardstock and rounded the corners with a punch before scoring the front in half using my Hougie Board to make an easel card. The topper was stuck to the front of this using finger-lift tape. The part circle pink section cut from the bottom of the digi matted and layered panel was stuck to the base of the card using 2mm deep, double sided, foam tape, to use as a stopper. I stuck on die-cut flowers from my crafting stash, which came as white but I’d coloured up with pens I’d used on the image. The same two pens were also used to write a greeting “Best Wishes” – at the bottom right, and to put a dashed line around the circular panel and swirls around the card front. Glue gel was used to attach the flowers to the bottom left corner.)
- The same card from a different angle.
- And another different angle.
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Hi All – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts, that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)