Just a quick post this time to show you one card I received and one I sent.
My partner for the July Card Swap on the “Stamping Dragon Designs” group on FB was Nicole Bretherick. Photos of the card I received from her, together with the card I sent her, and the details of what I used to make it, can be seen below. The theme for the July Card Swap was “Animals”.
The “Stamping Dragon Designs” is a lovely group to belong to, very active, with a great group of people, some freebies, and activities such as challenges where participation gets members loyalty points, which in turn gets a voucher to spend at the “Dragons Lair Designs” online shop. Please pop over and have a look at the group and the shop, and ask to join if you think it will be a group you’ll like.
July Card Swap on the Stamping Dragon Designs FB group – this is the card I received from Nicole Bretherick. Thank you so much Nicole.
It’s such a fun image, that Nicole tells me comes from the La Pashe Wrinklies CD-ROM, and beautifully made. She obviously knows that I like purple.
This next one is the card that I sent Nicole – I’ve used the image on another card a while ago, but this time I went for a more ornate background for the card layer.
(Clicking on the text links below each set of images takes you to the pages where you can see some of what I used to make the cards.)
- This is the whole card front – It’s an 8″ square card so quite big. For some reason the horse charm atached to the jute twine bow at the upper left has got caught up in the loops of the bow and isn’t dangling.
- An angled view to show some of the dimension – the charm is dangling correctly in this photo.
- A closer view at the “shabby” flowers I made from the waste of the trellis, with the addition of some leaves from another die-cut sheet.
Standing Horse Stamp by Janette Padley (I printed the dig-stamp out onto 300gsm Super Smooth white cardstock. I coloured the image using my ProMarkers. The colours I used were: Cocoa, Henna, Chestnut, Black, and Pastel Blue all the way around. The background is a sheet of pre-cut die-cut cardstock that I cut to size and the wrapped the edges with some Washi Tape. The frame was also a pre-cut die-cut one, which I coloured using bronze guilding wax. I used this to cut an aperture in the background lattice of the right size and put the image, also cut to a suitable size, behind the aperture using foam tape. Guilding wax was also used on die-cut leaves that also came pre-cut, and I shaped them using a couple of different sized ball tools and my fingers. The base card is an 8″ square Crafty Bob Ivory card. The latice framed image was attached to the front of the base card, again using foam tape. I flowers are made from petals that were the waste shapes that came out of the latice. These were coloured and glued together. Small sticky back faux gems were placed in the centre of each flower. The charm is one of those I’d got left over from a pack I bought to make my sister-in-law’s birthday gift this year and is comes from a Horse Tibetan Silver Charms pack. This is tied on using a bow made of pieces of jute twine. The bow, flowers, and leaves were attached using glue gel.)
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Hi All – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts, that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)