Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
Today my blog post is featuring a card that’s just gone live on The Dragon’s Den blog in my regular, four weekly, “Pick of the Week” slot. Once again I’m showcasing another great digi-stamp. You can see the post – Here!
Those of you who are regular visitors to this blog may remember that in a post at the start of the year I said that my aim this year was to use up bits that had come to light in my crafting stash during my tidy up during the autumn last year, together with any new items I might be tempted by. So this time, together with playing with another digi-stamp from the Stamping Dragon Designs shop I’ve used old paper flowers from my crafting stash, a new sheet of cardstock, and very little else.
In fact I’ve tried to keep it a quick and simple card. The only difficult part for me was cutting out the landlocked areas from the coloured in digi-stamp, but I was after a specific effect so it had to be done.
A different angle of this card can be seen below.
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
“Rupert in Window” digital stamp
- 300gsm, Super Smooth white cardstock
- ProMarkers – Pear Green, Moss, Spring Lilac
- 2mm deep double sided shaker tape
- Glue Gel
- Wink of Stella brush pens: Clear, Violet
- Hunkydory patterned Adorable Scorable (free with issue 15 of Hunkydory magazine)
I’ve kept the colouring of this image in very simple – no using of three or more colours per area for blending, no using dozens of colours – I’ve just used two shades of green for Rupert -Pear Green all over and then Moss around the sides to give shadow or depth. The curtains were coloured all over with the Spring Lilac colour and then I went back with the same colour to add a few lines of deeper colour. I then used the Violet Wink of Stella on the window frame and Clear on Rupert’s eye and over the ribbon and bow on the background cardstock. (One thing to be aware of is that, as Adorable Scorable is a coated cardstock, the Wink of Stella pools and takes ages to dry on it, but it leaves very subtle “dewdrop” sparkle look.)
I’ve cut out the background behind Rupert so that the pattern of the cardstock appears as a “wallpaper” in the image.
You’ll notice that I haven’t put a greeting on this card. I’ve done this as I’m not sure what language the card will be needed in or what occasion it will be used for. I can see it being suitable for so many occasions – Thinking of You; I Miss You; Sorry To See You Go – when somebody is moving and leaving an area, or leaving a job; Welcome To Your New Home, or Welcome To The Neighbourhood – when somebody moves into a new house; the list is endless
Keep an eye out for my next “Pick of the Week” post for “The Dragons Den” in March. In the meantime there will be further posts by the other “Pick of the Week” inspiration cards by various design team members every Monday until then, and lots of other posts during each week to inspire you.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Stamping Dragon Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Stamping Dragon Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Stamping Dragon Designs” Facebook group. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- “Like” Us on Facebook
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Etsy Shop – Instant downloads!
- Stamping with the Dragon – Challenge Blog : new challenge every fortnight
- The Dragon’s Den – Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)