Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
A new venture for me today – you’ll probably already have noticed that I’ve been on the Design Team for the “The Dragons Den” for a while (this being the inspiration and information blog for “Stamping Dragon Designs“) – well a few weeks ago I was asked whether I’d also like to make inspiration items for the “Stampin’ with the Dragon” Challenge Blog.
Each “Stampin’ with the Dragon” challenge goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a voucher for £5.00 to spend in the “Stamping Dragon Designs“ store. You may enter each challenge ONCE with the use of any materials you wish. If you however wish to enter a second entry you MUST use Stamping Dragon Products. Please enter “2” after your name for the 2nd entry. So why not consider joining in with us this month.
For April the theme is : Spring Time
I’ve gone for a fresh – white and pale green – look for my inspiration circular easel card.
Thumbnail photos of some different areas/angles of this card.
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- 300gsm, Super Smooth white cardstock
- Finger-lift tape
- Glue Gel
- A4 Linen textured white cardstock
- 2mm deep, double sided foam tape
- Score Board
- Circle Scissors
I made the base card by scoring and folding in half an A4 sheet of linen textured white card then cutting it out as an over the edge circle to live a joined hinge. I then scored across the front at the half way point.
I took elements from this kit into one of my graphics packages and created a layout for two scalloped edged circles, one for the inside of the card and one for the outside. I put the wording “Flowers Are Blooming – Spring Is In The Air” onto the tag element ton one side and also added extra flowers and three circular elements to use as stoppers on the unused space of my working area. After printing the sheet out I cut everything out and stuck the circle elements directy to the inside and bottom half of the outside of the card. I cut through the “twine” attached to the tag and used glue to attach it to the side of the card front so that the cut was disguised. Foam tape was used to attach the “stoppers” and the extra flowers were shaped a bit before attaching with glue gel.
Please go over to the “Stampin’ with the Dragon” Challenge Blog and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Stamping Dragon Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Stamping Dragon Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Stamping Dragon Designs” Facebook group. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- “Like” Us on Facebook
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Etsy Shop – Instant downloads!
- Stamping with the Dragon – Challenge Blog : new challenge every fortnight
- The Dragon’s Den – Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)