Just a quick post this time to show you one card I received and one I sent. Now that I’ve received a message from my swap partner that the card I sent has been received I can show you the creations.
My partner for the March Card Swap on the “Stamping Dragon Designs” group on FB was Vicky Fortier. Photos of the card I received from her, together with the card I sent her, and the details of what I used to make it, can be seen below. The theme for the March Card Swap was – “Mother’s Day”.
This is the card I received from Vicky. You can see more of her crafting on her blog – Here!
Thank you so much Vicky. I love it. The sentiment is just perfect. A really lovely cellebration of love and family and home – the sort of things you think about when you hear the word – mother.
This next one is the card that I sent Vicky – I’ve used a digital download created by Janette Padley of Stamping Dragon Designs on this card.
(Clicking on the medium or thumbnail sized images brings up a larger version of the image that shows the quotes off better. Clicking on the text links below takes you to the pages where you can see some of what I used to make the card.)
Mothers Love Mini Theme by Janette Padley (I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do for this card swap until I saw the Mini Kit by Janette, the designer at Stamping Dragon Designs. Then I did a search on the word “mother” on the Internet and it came up with the quote “That best academy, a mother’s knee” by James Russell Lowell and I thought the two would go together perfectly. I started this project by taking elements from the kit into one of my graphics packages and playing around with the layout until I was happy with it. I printed it out onto 250gsm white cardstock and then cut out the card topper layer and added elements. I took some lace and attached it to the back of the card front using ultra tacky double sided tape, before attaching the card front to my base card using 1mm deep, double sided, foam tape. The base card being an 8″ square cream card. I used the same foam tape to attach the circular additions to the right hand side and shaped the flowers before attaching them using glue gel.)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Stamping Dragon Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Stamping Dragon Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Stamping Dragon Designs” Facebook group. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- “Like” Us on Facebook
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Etsy Shop – Instant downloads!
- Stamping with the Dragon – Challenge Blog : new challenge every fortnight
- The Dragon’s Den – Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Hi All – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts, that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)