Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
It’s time for another inspiration post from me on the “The Dragons Den” blog. Hopefully I can inspire you with a crafted creation made using two downloads that is available in the Stamping Dragon Designs store, which you can find -> Here!
I hope that you like what I’ve got to show you this time. Although I’ve printed out backgrounds specifically to make the patchwork backgrounds, the same technique could be used with left over bits from other projects.
This is the card I made –
Below are closer looks at the card
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- 300gsm, Super Smooth white cardstock
- 300gsm Linen Textured Cardstock
- ProMarkers – Henna, Cardinal Red, Gold
- FlexMarker – Almond
- Wink of Stella Brush Pens – Gold, Silver
- Pieces of Lace Ribbon
- White Gel Pen
- 2mm deep double sided foam tape
- Fine Line Drawing Pen
- Red backed double sided tape
- Glue Gel
- Hougie Board
- Ruler – one with regular holes for piercing down one side
The image was printed at a smaller size than provided and coloured in. I then carefully cut it out and gave it a bit of a shape with my fingers. I took the backgrounds into one of my graphics packages and shrunk them all down into small squares and made more of each background type. The page was then printed off. I cut out each of the panels. I took the ruller and put it down so that the holes were in from the edge of one of the squares. I used the black fine pen to put a dot through each hole, before turning the card round and going round the other sides. I then took the white gel pen and joined between every other dot like a sewing line. I did the same for all the squares.
I took two of the linen textured cardstock and scored along one at 8″. I folded over the short side and stuck it to the other sheet of the same cardstock. I then cut off the extra to make an 8″ square card. From the cut off piece I made a square mat to use on the front of the card. I used the ruler as an edge to lay the squares against on the base card and then used glue gel to put each one in place, giving me wiggle time to get them evenly in place along each of the sides. I did the same for spacing out some more squares onto the mat. After the glue had set I used foam tape to put the decorated mat onto the card front using foam tape, trapping two bits of folded lace behind a piece of the foam on the right hand side. I then put the cut out digi-stamp on the card front with glue gel and put three more squares tumpling off the bottom left.
And that is it from me for today. I hope my little creation will inspire you to visit the Stamping Dragon Designs store and have a play with some of the digital downloads available to buy yourself.
Please keep visiting”The Dragons Den” blog over the next few weeks as you’ll find various “Inspiration by …” posts appear from the other design team members, as well as colouring tutorials and other posts. I’ll be back with more posts for “The Dragons Den” over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those too.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Stamping Dragon Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Stamping Dragon Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Stamping Dragon Designs” Facebook group. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- “Like” Us on Facebook
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Etsy Shop – Instant downloads!
- Stamping with the Dragon – Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- The Dragon’s Den – Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)