Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog
A Couple of Cards and a Few Other Bits
Not got a lot of an update this time. I’m still puttering a bit in the garden in short sessions, resting a lot in bed, and doing a small bit of crafting in between. My back/hip is slowly getting better, but I managed to have a tumble and jar everything again. I’ll know by tomorrow whether I’m stiffer and more sore after my little misshap. I’m writing this late at night so that it’s ready to go live in the morning, which is always the time I feel worse in any case, so impossible to say whether I’ve made things worse overall at the moment.
(If you click on the thumbnail images you can have a look at a larger image of each item.)
(Clicking on the text links below each set of images takes you to the pages where you can see some of what I used to make the cards. Where these linked pages are on the CUP site you will usually find a longer description of how I made the item at the bottom of the page.)
- Pink Wild Rose Pyramage Topper by Janette Padley (I printed the sheet out onto 250gsm Super Smooth white cardstock and then cut out the layers. I took an A4 sheet of white hammered cardstock, scored it using my Hougie Board and then folded it in half to make my base card. I went round the base layer of the image using an Antique Pink ProMarker before using finger-lift tape to attach it to the card font off centre. I then used foam tape to attach the other layers in place. I got some cut flower layers from my box of bits and then scrunshed and shaped them before attaching to the card front using glue gel. I finished off by putting some neon yellow glitter glue in the centre of these flowers. I’ve not put on a greeting yet as I don’t know what language the card will be needed in.)
- An angled view to show dimension of the pyramid and flowers.
- Get Well Teddy by Janette Padley and Teddys Day out ( Butterflies) by Janette Padley (For this card I printed the two digi-stamps out at the same size, but smaller than the size provided. I used the same colours for both images, those were – Raw Sienna, Cocoa, Walnut, Green Shoot, Leaf Green, Grass, Forest Green, Ivory, Powder Blue, Imperial Purple. I then took a 6″ square scalloped edged card and scored the front and folded it back. For the matting and layering behind the images and in the back of the card I used sheets from the latest Create & Craft club free gift which I stuck in place using finger-lift tape. I used the same tape to attach the two matted and layered digi-stamps to the front and back of the folded back card front. I finished off with some leafy twigs I’d cut out previously using my ScanNCut.)
- Angled view of topper on the outside.
- Inside of card.
- Closeup of inside topper.
Today’s assortment of elastic loom jewellery is actually two belts and a bracelet. The youngest nephews often arrive with trowsers or shorts hanging down, and after seeing something about making a belt using one of the techniques for using elastic bands I decided to give it a go. I’ve made them just about the same size as the tops of their elastic waist shorts so that they will stay in place but not be too tight.
- Two belts and a bracelet.
- Closer look at one of the belts.
- Closer look at the way the elastics are put together – using two each time and pulling the next two through.
- This bracelet is made in exactly the same way as the bracelet I showed you in my post of the 10th, but this time I’ve used every other white and black elastic on both fishtail strands of elastic. I’ve used the same size jump rings to join the two strands and the same little acrylic rondelle beads poped on the jump rings before closing them.
- Diferent angled view of the bracelet.
- A view at another angle.
- Close-up of the pattern and beads.
You can find a list of all the Designers currently offering a 20% discount by clicking – Here!
CUP Mailer – Here are the links to the mailers sent out by the team at CUP HQ since my last blog post:
- Friday 13th June – Here! – Crafty Bob’s Crazy Roulette Game, Latest Items in The Freebie Vault & Cup News
Craftsuprint have a Mailer Archive where you can go to get links to mailers sent out over the last few months. This can be seen by clicking – here.
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this blog post. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it – but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.) (Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)
If you can’t see the comment box then there should be a link that says “Responses” and clicking on that will bring up the box