Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
Today a new challenge starts on the “Stampin’ with the Dragon” Challenge Blog.
Each ”Stampin’ with the Dragon” challenge goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a kit, full of papers and digital elements, from the “Stamping Dragon Designs“ store. Although we’d love to see Stamping Dragon Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with 1 entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
For August the theme is : SAND, SEA & SUN
As the theme this month is “SAND, SEA & SUN” I had to pick a digi of one of the fun loving dragons on the beach.
Thumbnail photos of angle from both sides of card.
Please click on these thumbnail images to see the larger close-ups
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- 1 x 250gsm, Super Smooth white cardstock
- 7″ x 10″ Kraft card
- Various colours of cardstock
- Finger-lift Tape
- Glue Gel
- ProMarkers and FlexMarkers: Red, Poppy, Ruby, Cloud Blue, Summer Sun, Henna, Grass, Forest Green, Cappuccino, Sandstone, Daffodil Bloom.
- White gel pen
- Black fine liner pen
- 2mm deep Shaker Tape
- Score Board
- Corner rounding punch
I printed out the digi-stamp twice at smaller than the size required. I then extended the palm tree on the right outside the box a bit on one of the images before colouring in the images using my ProMarkers, only colouring the palm tree and ball, plus the bucket and spade on the second copy. The first image was cut out as a rectangle and the corners rounded with a punch while the coloured in elements were cut out of the second copy. Having measured the main image I used my ScanNCut to cut out mats to go behind it as well as waves and the sun (using cutting files inbuilt into the machine). I stuck the waves, overlapping each other, onto the base card and used the white gel pen to give white tips to the waves. I stuck on the sun layers. I then matted and layered the coloured in digi-stamp and attached it to the card front. I used glue gel to attach the cut out pieces of the digi-stamp to give some dimension to the card. I used one of the brown ProMarkers I’d used on the image to put a dotted line around the outside of the card.
Please go over to the “Stampin’ with the Dragon” Challenge Blog and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to register your entry for the challenge.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Stamping Dragon Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Stamping Dragon Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more). There is even a Free Samples section if you want to have a play and a look at the quality before buying.
- And why not join the “Stamping Dragon Designs” Facebook group. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, lots of inspiration and an album of exclusive freebies – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part in some activities gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop – a big incentive to join and take part I think.
- “Like” Us on Facebook
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Etsy Shop – Instant downloads!
- Stamping with the Dragon – Challenge Blog : new challenge every month
- The Dragon’s Den – Blog : a showcase/inspiration blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)