Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog
A Small Assortment Of Crafts
Hi to all visitors to my blog. Today I’ve got some creations to show you made using digital downloads I got for free as well as some creations made using air drying clay. Now if you really want a laugh then keep scrolling down to the last creation on the page and tell me what you think. I’m really not very good at making little characters. I was aiming for a monkey face but my mother tells me I’ve made a bear.
(If you click on the thumbnail images you can have a look at a larger image of each item.)
All the digital download elements on this card were free and were created by Janette Padley of Stamping Dragon Designs.
- “Vintage Lady” digi stamp from freebie sample pack, papers and paper ribbon from “Summer Time Freebie” – both from freebies album on SDD FB group, and flower from August 2014 freebie at the SDD store. (I printed papers, paper ribbon and paper flower, as well as the digi-stamp, out onto 250gsm Super Smooth white cardstock. I then coloured in the digi-stamp using gold and red Wink of Luna for the frame and frame embelishments and Promarkers for the lady. The colours I used were: Gold, Amber, Pumpkin, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Blush, Cool Grey 3 and Satin. I took a 6″ square, scalloped edge, base card and yellow Dainty Dots cardstock, and cut out everything, rounded a few corners with a corner punch and attached the whole lot together with quick grab wet glue. I didn’t glue right to the edge of all the elements so that the edges lift a bit to give an illusion of dimension, but the card is in actual fact quite flat and will go through the post in the UK using a standard letter stamp.)
- Angled view of card.
- Close-up of coloured in digi-stamp.
SCRAPBOOK PAGE LAYOUT:
I made this for the August Colouring Challenge on the Stamping Dragon Designs Facebook Group. All group members can request the month’s image provided they promise to upload a photo of a finished article made using the digi-stamp before the end of the month. This particular digi-stamp – “Pup in Pumkin” – is also available to buy in the Stamping Dragon Design store.
- This is a simple 8″ square scrapbook layout using a photo I’d taken of our pumpkin, the adorable little digi-stamp coloured in with ProMarkers, and pieces from the “Summer Time Freebie” available in the freebies album in this group. (The elements from the free kit, the digi-stamp and my photo of our cut pumpkin were all printed out onto 250gsm Super Smoth white cardstock. I then coloured in the digi-stamp using my ProMarkers. Colours used were: Black, Cool Grey 1, 3 and 5, Gold, Amber, Pumpkin and Pear Green. I cut a piece of brown Basal cardstock to 8″ square to start off with, made mats of yellow Dainty Dots cardstock and orange Blingalicious cardstock, then cut out the elements, mats and layers and stuck everything together using glue gel.)
- Angled view of photo and digi-stamp area of scrapbook layout.
For this floral wreath I made lots of flowers and a few butterflies – though I wasn’t trying to make any specific type of flowers – which is a good thing because I don’t think they look exactly like any specific flower.
- Ring, 21,5 cm, Polystyrene, 1 pc and Silk Clay – Assortment, Basic 1, 20×40 g (I took the ring and coloured it with a gold Wink of Luna pen. I then took several colours from the various Silk Clay pots and made flowers, leaves, and butterflies from them – some made using Martha Stewart silicone molds and some made free-hand, adding faux stamens to some as I built them. Once the created pieces were dry I put a ribbon around the topof the ring and used glue gel to attach all the pieces.)
- Slightly angled view of the floral wreath.
- Close-up of some of the flowers.
- Silk Clay, asstd colors, 22 tub (
- View from the top of the head of my little animal head.
You can find a list of all the Designers currently offering a 20% discount by clicking – Here!
CUP Mailer – Here are the links to the mailers sent out by the team at CUP HQ since my last blog post:
- Friday, 8th August – Here! – 49P Heavyweight Crafting Paper, Verse CD Limited Stock, Freebie Vault & CUP News
Craftsuprint have a Mailer Archive where you can go to get links to mailers sent out over the last few months. This can be seen by clicking – here.
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this blog post. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it – but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)
If you can’t see the comment box then there should be a link that says “Responses” and clicking on that will bring up the box