Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
Today a new challenge starts on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog“.
Each challenge on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, which this month is a £5 voucher to use in the store, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with 1 entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
For October the theme is : ANYTHING GOES
As the theme this month is “ANYTHING GOES” I decided to use a scrapbooking kit, but used elements from it to make a card and a matching gift.
“Penblwydd Hapus Iawn” is Welsh for “A Very Happy Birthday”
“Nodiadau” is Welsh for “Notes”
Thumbnail photos of card from front and an angled view.
Thumbnail photos of gift both outside and inside.
Please click on these thumbnail images to see the larger close-ups
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- Deco Daze Collection – Page Kit
- 1 x 250gsm, Super Smooth white cardstock
- 2 x A4 sheet of 300gsm Hammered white cardstock
- Sakura Clear Glaze pen
- Finger-lift Tape
- Glue Gel
- 3mm deep Shaker Tape
- Ultra tacky tape (red backed)
- Score Board
For both of these I took elements from the kit into the My Craft Studio software and resized, moved around, etc., until I had the layout I wanted for the front of a DL birthday card. I then copied the layout beneath it and changed the wording on the second copy. I put a second copy of the panel on the right of the card, together with further copies of the little embelishments at two different sizes, to fill up the rest of the page. The design was then printed out and cut out. I went over the extra panel with the clear glaze pen a couple of times and then left it to dry while I scored, folded and trimmed on of the sheets of cardstock to make the base card and one to make a cover for my gift. I scored to put a 1cm spine on the gift. I used fingerlift tape to attach the fronts to both, ans well as to attach the Stick-it notepad and stamp book inside the gift. I used twisted bakers twine a little piece of cardstock and some ultra tacky tape to create a loop to attach the pen. Once the panel was dry I attached that to the front of my card using foam tape. I then added the extra elements, shaping them a bit and attaching using glue gel.
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to register your entry for the challenge.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, lots of inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- “Like” Us on Facebook
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase/inspiration blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragons Lair Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)