Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
Today a new challenge starts on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog“.
Each ”Dragons Lair Designs Challenge” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with 1 entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
For December the theme is : CHRISTMAS TIME
I’ve chosen to use My Craft Studio software to build my card front. this is what the digital card front looks like.
I then printed the design out and put it onto a card, decorating the card with glitter glue and foil.
By making the card 6″ square, and keeping the dimension down by building up the design in the software before printing, the card itself is of small enough dimensions to be posted with a standard letter stamp in the UK – postage costs being something that most people are consious of, especially at Christmas when they may have lots of cards to post.
– o O o –
As well as playing around with a digital layout with the image I also printed the image out twice at the same size at smaller than provided. Both the images were then cut out and I made two very different cards with them.
The first is a very CAS (Clean and Simple) card, with only the topper and peel-off greeting.
Again the card, at A6 size, is small enough to go through the post on a standard letter stamp, and with minimal dimension created by attaching the topper with a small layer of glue gel it is shallow enough for the cheapest stamp as well.
For the second card I took a 6″ square card and used my circle scissors to turn it into a circular card. The front was then scored and folded to create an easel card. I used my circle scissors again to cut out panels of foil dotted Adorable Scorable cardstock for the outside and inside, as well as cutting the greetings panel/stopper and snowflake embelishments (see details in my “Hints and Tips” section on my previous blog post -> Here!
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
- Christmas Gifts Coloured
- Christmastide Collection – Page Kit
- 250gsm Super Smooth white cardstock
- 2 x 6″ square white base cards
- 1 x A6 white base card
- Foiled Adorable Scorable cardstock – dotty and snowflake
- Finger-lift Tape
- Zig 2 Way Glue
- Coloured Foil
- White Glitter Glue
- Glue Gel
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to enter your creations.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- “Like” Us on Facebook
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Information Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)