Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
It’s time for another inspiration post from me on the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog” blog. Hopefully I can inspire you with some creations made using a kit of digital backgrounds and elements that is available in the Dragons Lair Designs store.
As it’s now December, and most crafters will be well ahead with their Christmas crafting, I decided to try and inspire you with some pieces that don’t require a huge amount of time to create, that can be individually personalised if you want, and to carry on the crafting after Christmas with a simple Thank You card/digi-card and scrapbook layout.
By keeping the same basic layout throughout I hope to show you that personalising doesn’t have to be a difficult thing to do, and can be quick if you suddenly find that you’ve missed creating for a few people. Personalising can mean using different languages for different people if friends and family come from different parts of the world, or it can mean putting the name of who the creation is for on each card.
Let’s start with a quick card –
The design has all been put together digitally in My Craft Studio from some elements from the kit. This was then printed out at a little less than 6″ square, trimmed and attached to the front of a 6″ square white card from my crafting stash – Quick and easy.
The card is completely flat.
With a little more time, and printing extra copies of some of the elements, a more elaborate card card can be made.
For this card I used a Zig 2 Way glue pen to put glue on the main greeting and on various places on the extra layers and then added green foiling before using glue gel to attach the extra pieces.
This card has some dimension, but I purposly kept the dimension low so that the card would go through the post on a standard letter stamp in the UK
And if time has really run out and you don’t have time to post or hand deliver then you could just put a digital design together and E-mail it – putting on the recipient’s name.
In fact, if you’ve got enough time you could change the name before printing out each and every card front to make personalised cards to put in with the gifts of every family member and close friend.
And come Christmas I’m sure you’ll be taking photos of the children opening their Christmas gifts – and they will need to thank everybody – so what better way than include photos of them wearing or playing with their gifts? Digitally put together a design and again either E-mail it or print it out and make it into a real card. Diolch is Welsh for Thank You – remember that using a kit such as this you can make your cards or other creations in any language you want – in fact you could use the same layout and not only personalise your Christmas cards with the recipient’s name on front, but you could change the language if required as well.
And into the New Year I’m sure you’ll be looking over the photos you’ve taken and wondering what to do with them all – what about a bit of scrapbooking! You can either digitally put together a page on your computer, or print out lots of elements and backgrounds from the kit and build a totally paper based scrapbook page, or go hybrid and do a bit of both. You can even keep your scrapbooking on a similar layout theme to your other Christmas crafting.
Of course, you could go a totally different route – but whatever you decide to do as Christmas crafting – have fun, and have a wonderful Christmas all of you.
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- “Christmastide Collection – Page Kit” – a similar idea of card, digi-card, thank you card, layout, etc., can be made using any of the DLD Christmas themed kits.
- 250gsm Super Smooth white cardstock
- Zig 2 Way glue pen
- Glue Gel
- Finger-lift Tape
- White 6″ square pre-scored base cards
And that is it from me for today. I hope my little creations will inspire you to visit the Dragons Lair Designs store and have a play with some of the digital downloads available to buy yourself.
Please keep visiting the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog” over the next few weeks as you’ll find various “Inspiration by …” posts appear from the other design team members, as well as colouring tutorials and other posts. I’ll be back with more posts for the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog” over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those too.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, lots of inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- “Like” Us on Facebook
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase/inspiration blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragons Lair Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)