Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
Today a new challenge starts on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog“.
Each ”Dragons Lair Designs Challenge” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with ONE entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
For January the theme is : New Beginnings
The title “New Beginnings” can be interpreted in so many different ways. You may be thinking in terms of the New Year, so your creation might be a New Years card or calendar, but you can also think in terms of a new job, new baby, new home, an engagement or wedding with the happy couple starting a new beginning together.
I decided to go for a totally flat, one layer, card this time. Something I’ve not done in a while. I took papers and elements from the kit, together with the digi-stamp, into my My Craft Studio software. With the paper set to A4 portrait I worked on the bottom half of the working area, building up my design how I wanted it using the digital punch as well as resizing, etc., features in the software. I added a drop shaddow of various width to the layers and then printed the design out onto cardstock. I used my new Chameleon pens to colour in the digi-stamp in shades that worked with the colours of the background. I finished off by scoreing the sheet and folding it in half.
“Babi Newydd” is Welsh for “New Baby”.
I’ve tried to take an angled photo of the card to show that it really is flat and that the look of dimension has been created by giving “shadows” to the layers and elements in the software.
And here’s a close-up of an area of the card front.
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to enter your creations.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- “Like” Us on Facebook
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Information Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)