Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
Today a new challenge starts on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog“.
Each ”Dragons Lair Designs Challenge” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with ONE entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
For February the theme is : Hearts & Flowers
The title “Hearts & Flowers” can be interpreted in so many different ways. Of course Valentine’s Day jumps to mind, but the theme could also be used for wedding or anniversary cards, birthday cards for loved ones, or home decor projects. Go on – pop over to the blog and have a go.
I decided to go for a wall hanging (or perhaps something to give to a bride to carry) for my project for this challenge.
Close-up of main heart. “CARIAD” is Welsh for “LOVE”.
Close-up of small, dangling, heart.
Angled view of heart to show dimension.
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
- “Simply Soft Collection” backgrounds and elements
- 250gsm Super Smooth white cardstock
- 2mm deep double sided foam
- Jute twine
- Quick grab glue
- Pinflair Glue Gel
I printed out several sheets of background from the collection, as well as resizing and building up a layered look heart embelishment in My Craft Studio software before also printing it out along with bow embelishments from the collection.
I set up a file in the Brother on-line Canvas application to cut out large heart frames as well as lots of different sizes of small hearts. After putting this on an USB stick and putting in my Brother ScanNCut I used the files to cut out the various heart shapes out of the backgrounds from the kit. I cut three of the larger heart frames and layered these using foam tape to make them more sturdy, sandwiching the ends of a strip of acetate between the layers before sticking the last two layers together.
I also used the ScanNCut to cut out the word “CARIAD” twice from two background shades and stuck them together offset before attaching “floating” on the acetate strip.
Some pieces of twine were tied together and glued to the top of the heart frame using glue gel and the cut out paper bows were added over the top. The crop-a-dial was used to put a hole and set an eyelette in the small heart before adding some twine to that and glueing the twine to the side of the heart.
The smaller hearts were shaped and glued together to make different flowers – so while the theme of the month is “Hearts & Flowers”, in this case it’s “flowers from hearts”. The flowers were then attached in clusters over the heart frame.
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to enter your creations.
Design Team Call
Dragon’s Lair Designs is currently holding a design team call. You can find details – Here! There’s plenty of time to apply as the call doesn’t finish until the 14th February.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- “Like” Us on Facebook
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Information Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)