Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
Today a new challenge starts on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog“.
Each ”Dragons Lair Designs Challenge” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with ONE entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
For March the theme is : More Than Two Folds
The title “More Than Two Folds” can be interpreted in so many different ways. Of course your creation can be a card with many folds, but the folds can also be seen within the embelishment as well. And it doesn’t even have to be a card so long as it’s a crafted creation with “More Than Two Folds”. Go on – pop over to the blog and have a go.
I decided to go for a side stepper card with a little box for my inspiration for you this month. The theme I’ve chosen is a little thank you card with teapot and tea cups, so the little box is to hold a little gift of a few tea bags.
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
- 300gsm Super Smooth white cardstock
- Quick grab glue
- Pinflair Glue Gel
- Gold Vinyl
- ProMarkers – Fresh Meadow, Fresh Bloom
- FlexMarkers – Honeydew, Pink Pearl
- Wink of Luna – Copper (I had intended to use Gold but couldn’t find it at the time)
I printed out three of the softer backgrounds from the Oh Baby Mine collection.
I resized the digi-stamps and printed out two of the set and two of the individual cup. I then coloured these with my markers. I again chose very soft colours for the main colouring.
I cut the cup out of the 2nd set digi-stamp to decoupage onto the full image. From some angles the cup behind can be seen and it gives the impression that there are two cups by the teapot.
I used my ScanNCut to cut out the greeting “Diolch”, which is Welsh for “Thank You” from the gold vinyl.
I used my new Cut ‘n Boss to cut lots of lacy panels from the same white cardstock as I’d used to print on using Tattered Lace dies. I also used Tattered Lace dies to cut out the base card and the mats from two of the backgrounds I’d printed.
Quick grab glue was then used to build up the card layers and glue gel was used to attach the coloured in digi-stamps.
Angled view of the stepper card – as you can see it has several folds in it –
I used my score board to score the third sheet of background at the sizes I wanted for my box and lid, before cutting it out and sticking both together. I finished off by adding another lacy panel and the 2nd cup digi-stamp to the front.
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to enter your creations.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- We have a page on Facebook. If you like the creations I’ve made using Dragons Lair Designs digital downloads then we’d love it if you popped over and “Like” us.
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Information Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)