Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
Today a new challenge starts on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog“.
Each ”Dragons Lair Designs Challenge” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with ONE entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
For March the theme is : “Add an Animal”
As the theme is “Add an Animal”, your creation doesn’t even have to be a card so long you “Add an Animal“. Go on – pop over to the blog and have a go.
I decided to decorate a frame for my Design Team Inspiration for this month’s Dragons Lair Designs Challenge. I have lots of horse photos on my PC because my brother and sister-in-law run a horse stud from the family farm so I decided to decorate up a frame for one of the photos.
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
- 300gsm Super Smooth white cardstock
- Crafty Bob Glossy Paper
- Quick grab glue
- FlexMarkers – Antique White, Almond, Blue Grey 1
- 3mm deep, double sided, foam tape
- Photo Frame
- Craft Knife
- Stallion once owned by GenAl Stud (My brother’s family busines)
I printed out the horse photo onto glossy paper and the digi-stamp and background papers onto super smooth papers.
I coloured the digi-stamp with very light colours to take away the white but not to make it darker than the horse in the photo. I think that it’s only when put against white, in daylight, that how much colour has been added can be noticed.
One sheet of background was stuck on to cover the frame and another was used to make an inner frame mount.
The coloured digi-stamp was cut out and shaped with my fingers before being attached to the right side of the frame using foam tape.
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to enter your creations.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- We have a page on Facebook. If you like the creations I’ve made using Dragons Lair Designs digital downloads then we’d love it if you popped over and “Like” us.
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)