Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Creation
It’s time for another inspiration post from me on the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog“. This is more or less what I posted over on that blog.
I used the “Our Family Collection” kit that was launched on the 1st in the Dragons Lair Designs store. This collection has a really vintage look that looks good with old photos but can be used for so much more.
I decided to make a “Llyfr o Lyfrnodau” – which is a “Book of Bookmarks” – this time. I’ve seen similar “book” ideas made as “brag books”, “scrapbooks” or “memory books”, but my idea is that this “book” will have its own space on the bookshelf, and any time anybody needs to keep their place in any book they can just fetch a bookmark easily, without having to search high and low, or turn over page corners. I’ve put verses from the Welsh Bible on each of the bookmarks. Of course bookmarks like this could have inspirational quotes on, or lines to make notes on, or anything you wanted.
This is a photo of the outside of the “book” I made:
And this is a photo of the inside:
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- 250gsm Super Smooth cardstock
- Quick grab wet glue
- A3 sheet of double sided cardstock – polkadots on one side and check on the other
- Ultra tacky double sided tape
- Jute twine – purple and natural
- FlexMarker – Wild Orchid.
- My Craft Studio Software
- Hougie Board
This is what I did:
I decided that I wanted to use one colour family with the vintage colours of this collection and chose purple shades. I took the double sided A3 cardstock and cut and scored it to the dimensions in this sketch.
I then folded it so that the narrower strips were valleys and the 1cm areas were mountain folds. I put ultra tacky tape and stuck the mountain backs together to leave me with a cover front and back with five stuck together peaks. To cover the outside of the spine I turned the strip I’d cut so that the other side was showing, scored around 2cm in from one edge, stuck it to the outside of the front and spine, scored where the back was and wrapped it around and stuck to the back.
I then used My Craft Studio software to resize some background panels to make the inside “pages” of my book and printed them out onto Super Smooth white cardstock. These were cut out and stuck back to back to the peaks inside the book to make sturdy pages. I went around the edges with a FlexMarker to take off the white cut edge look. I printed out the same background as the pages slightly smaller, and also made a plac for the front of the book, which says “Llyfr O Lyfrnodau” (Book of Bookmarks), which I cut out and stuck to the front of the book.
I took an element that looked like a torn piece of paper into my software and resized it before printing it out 10 times. These were cut out and then stuck on both sides and bottom onto each of the pages using ultra tacky tape. These made the pockets for my bookmarks to be stored in.
The bookmarks themselves were made using two different tag shapes from the collection which I used the software to resize, add a different element from the kit and a different Biblical verse to each one, and then print out. I used a Crop-a-Dial to punch a hole in each and set and eyelet before making some quick jute twine tassles in two colours and attaching to the bookmarks. I went round the edge of each bookmark with the FlexMarker before putting them in the pockets.
Here are just a few of the bookmarks I made. This “Book of Bookmarks” holds 10 bookmarks so should mean that bookmarks are to hand for a while, and I can easeily print out more if all of them vanish with use.
You can find the whole “Our Family Collection” at the Dragons Lair Designs store.
And that is it from me for today. I hope my little creations will inspire you to visit the Dragons Lair Designs store and have a play with some of the digital downloads available to buy yourself.
Please visit the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog” regularly over the next few weeks as you’ll find various “Inspiration by …” posts appear from the other design team members, as well as colouring tutorials and other posts. I’ll be back with more posts for the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog” over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those too.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, lots of inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- The “Dragons Lair Designs” page on Facebook. We love it when people “Like” us!
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase/inspiration blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragons Lair Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)