Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
Today we see the start of a new challenge start on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” – and I’m now shareing the inspiration piece I created on this month’s theme.
Each ”Dragons Lair Designs Challenge” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with ONE entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
For November the theme is : “Rainbows”
Please join in and let us see what creation you come up with on the theme.
I decided to make quite a simple Welsh birthday card this time, colouring everything in a rainbow of colours rather than putting a rainbow on the card.
This is what I produced –
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
- 1 x pre cut and scored 9″ square card
- 1 x 250gsm Super Smooth white cardstock
- Nuvo pens in colours 377, 391, 403, 415, 427, 429, 439
- Chameleon Pens
- Quick grab glue
- Letraset fineline pen 0.5
I printed the digi-stamp and then coloured it in in rainbow colours using the Nubo pens. I then took the card and drew on two double row of wiggly lines to create a frame. I coloured the inside of the frame as a random sky and the inside of the frame in rainbow colours using the Chameleon Pens. The coloured image was cut out, shaped a little bit, and then stuck to the card front. I finished by writing on a greeting “Penblwydd Hapus”, which is Welsh for “Happy Birthday”.
I hope you like my quick make and that you will join us in the Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog this month.
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to enter your creations.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- We have a page on Facebook. If you like the creations I’ve made using Dragons Lair Designs digital downloads then we’d love it if you popped over and “Like” us.
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)