Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Last week, Janette Padley, the designer at Dragons Lair Designs, started a weekly “Sunday Showcase” over on the Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog.
It is a chance for everybody to show us items they’ve made using Dragons Lair Designs digital downloads, whether digital, hybrid, or paper based. Usually it’s the Design Team members who’s work is seen on the blog, but by linking up your creations anybody can be a part of the Sunday Showcase – and even better, at the end of the week, somebody get’s chosen by random number generator to receive an item from the DLD store- so even more reason to come and show us your DLD makes.
It’s also a chance to get a DLD FREEBIE – because Janette is putting in a link to a Dragons Lair Designs freebie in each Sunday Showcase post. And of course these could be used to join in the showcase linkup if you don’t already have something DLD in your digital library.
As Sunday, when the latest Sunday Showcase post was made, was Easter Sunday, I thought I’d try doing something different to a scrapbook layout, and do an Easter themed layout.
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- “Radient Day” background collection – Freebie with Sunday Showcase on Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog on 27th March
- My Craft Studio Software
- IrfanView Software
I took all the backgrounds from the freebie collection into My Craft Studio Elite to start with. Then I started looking in the digital punch facility area of the software for shapes and items I wanted to incorporate into my creation.
I made more than one copy of some of the backgrounds and re-sized before digitally punching out some of the shapes, sometimes keeping the inner and sometimes the outer, until I had everything I wanted for my layout.
After I had everything sized and positioned as I wanted I saved the layout. And finaly I cropped it a bit, resized for uploading and watermarked in IrfanView.
Don’t forget that there’s a discount in the store for a couple of weeks on this new collection, and if you choose to buy the whole collection you’ll get an extra item that can’t be bought individually.
And that is it from me for today. I hope my little creations will inspire you to visit the Dragons Lair Designs store and have a play with some of the digital downloads available to buy yourself.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, lots of inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- The “Dragons Lair Designs” page on Facebook. We love it when people “Like” us!
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase/inspiration blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragons Lair Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)