Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
Today we see the start of a new challenge start on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” – and I’m now shareing the inspiration piece I created on this month’s theme.
Each ”Dragons Lair Designs Challenge” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with ONE entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
For March we have a “bingo” grid for crafters to choose any three items in a straight line to use on their crafted creations.
Here’s the grid –
Please join in and let us see what creation you come up with on the theme.
I decided on the top row and made my creation using Pink, Anything From Dragons Lair Designs, and Parchment.
This is what I produced –
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
- 1 x pre cut and scored 9″ square card
- 1 x 250gsm Super Smooth white cardstock
- 1 x Sheet of Parchment
- 2 x Pale Green Shades of Adorable Scoreable cardstock.
- ProMarkers in colours: Tan, Tawny Owl, Summer Sun, Apple Cider, Pastel Pink, Chestnut
- Pinflair Glue Gel
- Tonic Pearl Drops
- Tattered Lace Die Set
- Baby Blue Die Cutting Machine
- Parchment Lace Parchment Grid
- Parchment Embossing and Piearcing Tool
- Hougie Board
- Fine scissors – parchment cutting
I started by using the grid from the latest Parchment Lace magazine to piearce and emboss the parchment with the bird house design and cut it out.
I printed the finch onto white cardstock and then coloured it in and cut it out.
The flowers and branches were die cut out of the waste white cardstock after cutting out the finch, and these were then coloured in with ProMarkers.
For the base card I scored the very palest green cardstock and cut it to make a square card. The next green cardstock was then cut smaller than the card front to make a mat. I went round the base card and mat using the Chestnut coloured ProMarker. I used glue gel for all the sticking down, shaping the bird, flowers and foliage before sticking down.
The parchment bird house was glued behind where I inteded to put the bird and die-cuts so that none of the glue is visible.
I finished off with the pearl drops.
Here are a couple more photos of the card –
I hope you like my card and that you will join us in the Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog this month.
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to enter your creations.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- We have a page on Facebook. If you like the creations I’ve made using Dragons Lair Designs digital downloads then we’d love it if you popped over and “Like” us.
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)