Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Today a new collection is being launched in the Dragons Lair Designs store. It is called “Artistic Expressionss”.
Here’s a promo shot for the collection
It is a lovely collection with a cheerful pallette of colours that suit so many types of projects.
This is a sneaky peak I uploaded in various places on FB a few days ago.
To make this I took lots of the elements and backgrounds from the collection into My Craft Studio. I wanted a card as close as I could to 6″ square so worked with the on-screen working area at landscape orientation. I worked on the right half of the area, resizing a square background from the collection to nearly fill the half of the area from side to side, but had empty space above it. This became my card front area, so everything else was built up on front of this. Before printing I added the wording Penblwydd Hapus (which is Welsh for Happy Birthday) to the front in the same pink as the largest heart layer of the “topper”.
The whole design was printed out onto 300gsm Super Smooth cardstock. I used a paper trimmer to cut across the top of the card to get rid of the white space and square it off. I used a scoreing tool to score half way along and then folded. So I had an instant card, which looks as if it’s got some dimension but actually is flat for posting, and small enough to go through the post using a standard stamp in the UK.
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- A4 300gsm Super Smooth white cardstock
- My Craft Studio Software
- Paper trimmer
- Scoreing tool.
Oh! Forgot to say. There’s a discount in the store for a couple of weeks on this new collection, and if you choose to buy the whole collection you’ll get an extra item that can’t be bought individually.
And that is it from me for today. I hope my little creations will inspire you to visit the Dragons Lair Designs store and have a play with some of the digital downloads available to buy yourself.
Please visit the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog” regularly over the next few weeks as you’ll find various “Inspiration by …” posts appear from the other design team members as well as some from Guest Design Team members. I’ll be back with more posts for the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog” over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those too.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, lots of inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- The “Dragons Lair Designs” page on Facebook. We love it when people “Like” us!
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase/inspiration blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragons Lair Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)