Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Creation
It’s time for another inspiration post from me on the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog“. This is more or less what I posted over on that blog –
You often hear that hospitals don’t allow flowers these days. And even if you take a display of silk or paper flowers they get dusty and there’s a chance of them being damanged when moved about when cleaning takes place, or when they are carried to or from the hospital. So I set to work trying to think of a way to give a hospital patient something nice to look at, that could be displayed, but that could also be closed so that it couldn’t be damaged – so needd a firm covering.
And this is what I came up with:
These are what I used:
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- Book shaped box file; 250gsm Super Smooth white paper; Ultra tacky double sided tape; Glue Gun; Pink lace; White Gesso; Nuvo silver Crystal Drops
- Scissors; Paint Brush;
Box & Method:
I wanted the box to be easily moved, carried around and stored, without risk of too much damage, so I decided that keeping any decoration on it flat would be the best option. I took various backgrounds and elements from the collection into My Craft Studio to create a flat A4 sized panel for the front of the box. Once I was happy with the layout I printed it out, cut it out, and then gave the edges a bit of a rough look by running the open blade of the scissors up and down it. I added a verse from the Bible to do with Jesus healing to the same design and printed it off again, cut it out and distresed the edges again with scissors.
I also took lots of the different floral shaped elements, and the leafy branches, into MCS, resized and replicated them, and made several sheetsw of flowers and branches up. These I also printed out, and began cutting out over a couple of evenings – though I still had some left to cut when I got to the next stage of my creating. I also printed out one of the background panels that included a torn edge pattern.
I decided to make my creation using a book shaped box file I’d bought in a sale quite some time ago.
But the outside wasn’t to my taste, because, as most of you know, I do very little of my crafting with English wording on. neither of these two pictures show clearly that the top, bottom and right sides have the look of the sides of paper sheets in a book.
So I gathered everything together, and put a large craft mat over the kitchen table – not a crafting in bed project this time.
I then put some ultra tacky tape behind the panel I’d created for the box front and stuck it on.
I did the same with the similar with the similar panel sticking it inside the front cover.
I used the same tape again to stick in the square panel just down from the top inside the back of the box.
I then used a hot glue gun to stick the leafy branches inside the back of the box slightly up from the bottom and over part of the panel – not sticking down completely but giving some shapeing. After that I used the glue gun again to stick the flowers on one by on from the bottom of the box and up part way over the bottom of the branches, until I had a display of flowers inside the box.
I also used the glue gun to attach some extra flowers to the panel inside the front cover.
I finished off by adding silver Nuvo Crystal Drops to the flower centres.
This shows the “book page” look of three sides of the book box file.
This is a closer look at the inside front of the box.
This is a closer look at the inside of the box.
This is another look at the box when opened on display.
And that is it from me for today. I hope my little creation will inspire you to visit the Dragons Lair Designs store and have a play with some of the digital downloads available to buy yourself.
You can also sign up for the Dragons Lair Designs Newsletter – Here! – there’s a wonderfull mini kit free for all subscribers this month.
Dragons Lair Designs are currently running a Design Team Call
Please visit the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog” regularly over the next few weeks as you’ll find various “Inspiration by …” posts appear from the other design team members, and posts from some Guest DT members as well. I’ll hopefully be back posting more regularly over the comming months with Dragons Lair Designs and other crafty makes.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, lots of inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- The “Dragons Lair Designs” page on Facebook. We love it when people “Like” us!
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase/inspiration blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragons Lair Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)