Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
And especially thank you to all of you who’ve taken the time to leave me comments lately. It means a lot to me.
Her Sunday Showcase posts give everybody a chance to link up anything they’ve made using Dragons Lair Designs items. Usually it’s just Design Team members who’s work is seen regularly on the blog, but by linking up creations anybody can be a part of the Sunday Showcase – and even better, at the end of the week, somebody get’s randomly chosen to receive an item from the DLD store, so even more reason to come and show us your DLD makes.
EVEN BETTER – there’s the cance to get a DLD FREEBIE – because Janette is putting in a link to a Dragons Lair Designs freebie in each Sunday Showcase post. And of course these could be used to join in the showcase linkup if you don’t already have something DLD in your digital library.
Today I’ve got a card to show you created using the latest freebie.
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- My Craft Studio Software
- Quick grab glue
- Clear Spectrum Sparkle pen
- Two colours of Nuvo drops
- Black 8″ square card
- 250gsm Super Smooth white cardstock
I started off by taking the elements into My Craft Studio Elite and creating a layout that I liked that was suitable as a square card front. I then added extra layers of some of the butterflies to the empty space of my digital working area. This was then printed and cut out.
I took a clear sparkle pen and went over several of the areas of the card front, including top left round “button” elements, part of the frame, and the extra butterfly layers.
I then attached the card front to the front of a black pre-scored and folded card. I shaped the extra butterflies and attached them down their centre, leaving the wings raised.
A larger butterfly was put in the centre of the card.
I finished off by putting small drops of green Nuvo drops on the butterfly antenae all over the card, and also a few larger drops of another toneing colour in other places on the card.
And that is it from me for today. I hope that you will take advantage of the DLD Freebie and use it to make something that you connect up to the Sunday Showcase for us all to see. You never know, you could be the lucky one who wins more DLD goodies in the draw.
And if you are looking for freebies – there’s another on the launch day post for the new DLD collection “Artistic Expressions”. Find the freebie at the bottom of the post – Here! And there’s a big discount in the Dragons Lair Designs online store for this collection at the moment.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, lots of inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- The “Dragons Lair Designs” page on Facebook. We love it when people “Like” us!
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase/inspiration blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragons Lair Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)