Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Today I’ve got a card to show you.
Yesterday, in her Sunday Showcase on the Dragons lair Designs Inspiration Blog, designer Janette Padley gave a digital stamp along with some backgrounds as a mini collection FREEBIE!
This week I decided to go with just using the digi-stamp, and as I’ve made several digital scrapbook layouts with the freebies lately I decided to go with a card this time.
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- “Vintage Lady” mini collection – Freebie with Sunday Showcase of 24th April on the Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog.
- 250gsm White super smooth cardstock.
- White, pre-scored base card.
- Assorted greys and black Nuvo alcohol marker and Nuvo silver marker
- Assortment of bits of backgrounds, etc., from my box of bits.
Having decided to go monochromatic this time I searched through a tray of bits I’ve got left over from previous projects and fished out some black cardstock and a couple of grey tone background patterns and some paper rikrac ribbon.
I resized the digi-stamp to the required size and printed it before colouring it in with various grey and black alcohol markers. I wanted a bit of silver on the image, although I don’t think it shows up well in the photo, but didn’t want it to completely cover the detail of the flourishes on the frame, so, I dotted silver on between the details and then went over it with one of the grey markers. This has given it a bit of a distressed silver look. I also used the silver for the lady’s necklace and ring.
After colouring in I cut out the digi-stamp image.
I then cut up the pieces I’d chosen to use to the required sizes and stuck everything together using quick dry glue.
Dragons Lair Designs is giving a freebie with the Sunday Showcase each week, as well as a chance to win something for showing us your creation using anything DLD (even if you use the freebie given any week), so remember to drop into the Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog next Sunday to collect your freebie.
Don’t forget that there’s still time to pop over to the Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog to get your entry into the “Anything Goes” challenge this month.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, lots of inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- The “Dragons Lair Designs” page on Facebook. We love it when people “Like” us!
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase/inspiration blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragons Lair Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)