Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
Today we see the start of a new challenge on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” – and I’m now shareing the inspiration piece I created on this month’s theme.
Each ”Dragons Lair Designs Challenge” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with ONE entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
For May the theme is “Women at Work”. Any make with a woman involved at crafts or any of the thousands of jobs women do!
Please join in and let us see your crafted creation.
It has been several months since I made a digital scrapbook layout as my design team inspiration for a DLD Challenge, so I thought that I’d have a flick through my digital album of photos and see what I found showing any women in my family at work. Funnily enough there were not a lot of them, but I did find this photo showing two of them hard at work in a garden.
And as soon as I spotted it I knew that the new “Butterfly Garden” collection that went live in the Dragons Lair Designs online store on the 1st of this month would be perfect to go with it.
Then I went and searched online for the rhyming couplet I half remembered about women’s work.
Hope you like what I’ve come up with.
(click on the image for a larger version to come up)
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
- “Butterfly Garden” – there’s still a discount in the DLD online store for this until 14th.
- My Craft Studio software
- IrfanView software
I took my photo, together with lots of the items from within the Buterfly Garden collection into the My Craft Studio Elite software and resized, repositioned, turned around, etc., until I was happy with the layout. I added the date to one of the panels from the kit and the couplet I’d found that I thought was apt to one of the elements of the kit that looks like a plant marker.
After I was satisfied with my creation I saved it as both a mcs file and a .jpg file. I took the .jpg file into IrfanView for doing the final re-sizing and watermarking (I use it for my photos so easier for me to do the watermarking in this software than My Craft Studio as it is already set up in IrfanView).
I hope you like my layout and that you will join us in the Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog this month.
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to enter your creations.
And if you are struggling for ideas of things that a woman might do (and yes a man might do them as well before anybody gets upset at me), here’s a list:
Crafting, House Work, Reading Bedtime Story, Mending Clothes, Tending To Damaged Knees, Gardening, Teaching, Nursing, Doctor, Secretary, Florist, Seamstress, Business Owner, Painter And Decorator, Preacher, etc., and the list goes on and on – what Women’s Work will you use on your entry. I can’t wait to start visiting your blogs to see.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- We have a page on Facebook. If you like the creations I’ve made using Dragons Lair Designs digital downloads then we’d love it if you popped over and “Like” us.
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)