Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
It’s time for me to show you another DT card as today we see the start of a new challenge on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog“.
Each ”Dragons Lair Designs Challenge” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with ONE entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
The theme for June is “One For the Guys”. So basicaly it’s make anything suitable for any aged male.
Please join in and let us see your crafted creation.
I decided to make a male themed card with a vintage touch for this month’s inspiration for the Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog. It’s going to be a Father’s Day card for my father, who’s fond of saying that he’s a vintage model himself, and as he was an agricultural contractor for many years I decided to go for an old tractor from the DLD online store for my main image.
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
- Super smooth white 250gsm cardstock
- Wood effect cardstock from DCWV pack
- 1mm deep double sided foam tape
- Tonic funky glue
- Fingerlift tape
- 8″ square base card.
- My Craft Studio software
I started making this card by taking lots of the elements from the kit, together with the tractor digi-stamp into the MCS software. I then used the software to change the colour of the tractor to a more sepia colour to tone with the browns of the kit pieces. I layed everything out on my work area to make a card front of around 7″ square size. I added the word Dad, as the card is one I intend to give my father for Father’s Day.
I then printed the sheet out twice. One I simply cut out the whole card front topper and the other I cut out the tag, framed tractor, and three faux gem/brads.
I took my base card and stuck the woodgrain background to the front of it, trimming it to size and then going round the edge with the edge of the scissors to give it a distressed look. I did the same to the tag, and frame. The main card front panel was stuck to the card using fingerlift tape before using the foam tape to attach the second layers where needed.
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to enter your creations.
I can’t wait to start visiting your blogs to see.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- We have a page on Facebook. If you like the creations I’ve made using Dragons Lair Designs digital downloads then we’d love it if you popped over and “Like” us.
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)