Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
It’s time for me to show you another DT card as today we see the start of a new challenge on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog“.
Each ”Dragons Lair Designs Challenge” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with ONE entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
The theme for July is “It’s a Zoo Out There!” Your creation doesn’t have to have a zoo on it – anything animal, or even a bird, you might see in a zoo, or in fact any animal at all, will be great. We want to see your take on the theme.
Please join in and let us see your crafted creation.
I’ve gone for a card this time as my inspiration for this challenge. I couldn’t resist the Baby Giraffe digi-stamp to play with and chose other items from the DLD online store to go with it.
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
- 2 of A4 linen textured white cardstock to make 21cm base card
- Roller glue tape
- Pinflair Glue Gel
- Sheets of A4 250gsm white super smooth cardstock
- Ultra tacky red backed tape.
- My Craft Studio Elite software
- Hougie Board
- Paper trimmer
- Nuvo alcohol markers
I scored one sheet of cardstock and trimmed the other to make my base card by attaching them together using ultra tacky tape.
I took several items from the papers collection, as well as both digi stamps, into the My Craft Studio software. I played around with the sizes of the items until I was happy with the proportions and used a digital die cut function in the software to cut kits of branches from one stripy background that I placed at different angles on a green background. Once I was happy with everything I printed out the digi stamps, the background with branches, and a couple of other background paper Designs and cut them all out. I cut one of the backgrounds diagonally across as well.
I then used the roller tape pen to attach the backgrounds in place.
I coloured in the two digi stamps, cut them out and shaped them, before attaching them to the card front with glue gel.
Here are a few more, angled, photos of my card – getting closer and closer.
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to enter your creations.
I can’t wait to start visiting your blogs to see.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- We have a page on Facebook. If you like the creations I’ve made using Dragons Lair Designs digital downloads then we’d love it if you popped over and “Like” us.
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)