Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Card
It’s time for me to show you another DT inspiration piece as today we see the start of a new challenge on the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog“.
Each ”Dragons Lair Designs Challenge” goes live the first Friday of the month with a new theme each time. The winner will get picked by “Random” so that it is fair for all levels of crafters. The winner gets a prize, as well as a badge for their blog, and the winning entry will also be highlighted on the challenge blog the following month. Although we’d love to see Dragons Lair Designs items on your creation, you may ENTER the challenge using ANY MATERIAL you wish as long as you clearly follow the set theme. You may enter the challenge with ONE entry per month. So why not consider joining in with us this month – go to the challenge blog and have a look at the rules and the inspiration created by my fellow Design Team members.
We have a picture inspiration challenge for you this month.
There are so many different directions you can go for this theme – You may choose to work on anything using the colours from within the picture, or perhaps harvest, or thanksgiving, or choose just one item from within the picture to concentrate on. So many ideas to play with. I can’t wait to see what everybody comes up with this month.
Please join in and let us see your crafted creation.
There just wasn’t enough time on the day of our thanksgiving service at the chapel for me to do everything, so I gave my 10 year old nephew a bucket full of vegetation he’d helped me cut, some fruit and veg, and asked him to make a display in the lobby while I got on with other stuff. Then I gave him my phone to photograph his creation. He even got a dustpan and brush and swept up the leaves and petals that had fallen on the floor while he was working. He even came back with me later in the week to clear everything he’d put up before the following week’s service.
So this month I decided to use his photo of his display to make a quick digital layout using one of the Dragons Lair Designs collections to go with it. I have printed it out as well to add to my mother’s collection of my 8″ square layouts.
Dragons Lair Designs Item:
- My Craft Studio Elite software
I started off by taking several items from the DLD collection I’d chosen, together with a slightly cropped photo my nephew had taken into My Craft Studio.
I then used a digital cutter within the software to shape the photograph before laying everything out and resizing until I was happy with my layout.
Please go over to the “Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog” and have a look at my fellow Design Team members’ inspiration pieces and to enter your creations.
I can’t wait to start visiting your blogs to see.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- We have a page on Facebook. If you like the creations I’ve made using Dragons Lair Designs digital downloads then we’d love it if you popped over and “Like” us.
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)