Thank you for clicking over to have a look at my blog.
Design Team Creation
It’s time for another inspiration post from me on the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog“. Hopefully I can inspire you with a crafted creation made using papers and elements that are part of the new “Francheska” collection available in the Stamping Dragon Designs store.
Having not been well enough to do much of anything for a while, and strugling to build my strength back up afterwords, I’m late starting to craft my Christmas gifts, so I wanted to make something that’s not too time consuming, but is unique. I raided my collection of items I’ve kept to recycle and craft with, and pulled out a wooden box that had chocolate coated ginger in last Christmas. Then I bought some plastic coasters off eBay, and got to crafting.
I hope you like my creations.
This is how the box looked to start with –
This is how the box looked after I’d decorated it –
Below are other photos of the box –
1 2 3 4
- This is a head on view of the lid of the box.
- An angled view of the box showing side and the slight dimension I introduced on the flower and butterfly
- Another look at the side of the box – all four sides are decorated the same way.
- I’d gone over the “buttons” on the side of the box with a Sakura clear stardust pen and when the box is held at different angles you can just see the sparkly shine on these.
These are the coasters that I’ve made to go inside –
Close-ups of two of the panels I put inside the coasters –
Stamping Dragon Designs Item:
- Items from the “Francheska” Collection – found – Here – in the shop.
I measured the size of panels I needed for both the box and the coasters and then worked in My Craft Studio software to build up the designs I wanted out of digital papers and elements from the Francheska collection. Once I was happy with how the panels looked I put a second copy of one of the flowers and the butterfly on an empty space of my working area and printed everything out. After cutting out the panels I went round the outside of each of the coaster inserts with the gilding wax to take away the white edge of the cut line and dragged the wax in a bit to give a slight distressed look to the edge. I then took the stardust pen and went round the outside of the floral petals and a few other elements on the panels so that they have a shine that catches the light at some angles. The panels were then put inside the coaster blanks and closed.
I used glue gel to stick all the panels on the box. After they were attached firmly I went round the panel edges and the exposed wood with the gilding wax to again cover the white cut edges of the panels and darken the colour of the wood and give it a bit of a sheen. I rubbed over it all with a kitchen towel to remove any excess and buff it up a bit. I used glue gel to attach the extra layer of the butterfly and the flower. I used the stardust pen on the button elements on the side panels and around the flower and centre of the butterfly body on the lid and then added different colours of glue gel to the centre of the flower and around the butterfly wing tips.
And that is it from me for today. I hope my little creations will inspire you to visit the Dragons Lair Designs store and have a play with some of the digital downloads available to buy yourself.
Please keep visiting the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog” over the next few weeks as you’ll find various “Inspiration by …” posts appear from the other design team members, as well as colouring tutorials and other posts. I’ll be back with more posts for “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog” over the coming months as well, so keep an eye out for those too.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, daily inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- “Like” Us on Facebook
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge the first Friday of every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Information Blog : a showcase blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragon Lair Designs
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)