Simple Shaker Card
Using Pre-cut Pieces From A Kit
Hi and welcome to my blog (or welcome back if you’ve visited before).
For this card I am going to use pieces from the same boxed collection as I used for the quick and simple cards I showed you on my blog post – Here!
This time I am going to use some of the cardstock, background paper, and framed topper, to make a simple Shaker Card.
Yes! – I did say “simple Shaker Card”. You can make Shaker Cards as elaborate as you want, and use lots of different things to make them. But for this card I am keeping things like matting and layering to a minimum. I’m not adding lots of embelishments. I’m just going to show you how to make a simple shaker card where you don’t need to measure, don’t need to cut an aperture, in fact – don’t need to do anything difficult.
This is quite a quick card to make.
You can see the English version of the video – Here!
Gallwch weld y fideo yma yn Gymraeg – Yma!
- Scoreboard – Hougie Board (if you don’t have a scoreboard then use the pencil and ruler method I showed in a previous video – Here!)
- Fingerlift Tape
- 2mm Deep, Double Sided, Foam Tape
- Hunkydory Box Magazine Cardmaking Collection Issue 7 (Any Hunkydory boxes are good because they usually have toppers with matching cardstock, inserts and backing papers in the collection, as well as things like stamps that you can expand your crafting with in the future when you are ready. There are several other companies that make similar Box Magazine Cardmaking Collections – so pick one with images you like.)
- Small flower sequins and embelishments – from my stash.
- Sheet of acetate.
- Cutterpillar Pro Paper Trimmer
And here’s the finished card.
From one angle
From another angle.
I have several bits of different crafting on the go at the moment, so keep an eye out for them over the next few weeks.
- You can see my Gwyneth George area on Facebook by clicking – here.
- Crefftau MAES MIERI Crafts Facebook Page – here.
Please “Like“, “Follow“, and even “Share” if you think any of your friends might be interested.
- Crefftau Maes Mieri Crafts YouTube Chanel – here.
Please “Like” and “Subscribe“
- You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
Thank you for reading this blog post – I hope you like what you’ve seen and read.
And thank you to everybody who’s left a comment on my previous blog posts – I really do appreciate you taking the time.
You should find a box below where you can leave a Comment if you feel like it. (If you can’t see the comment box then there should be a link that says “Responses” and clicking on that will bring up the box.) Due to problems with Spam/advertising posts, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.
Notice: I’m sure you are already aware that any comments and details you leave will be stored on the system, and those that go through moderation will be visible to the public. If you are given the option for the system to store your details so that you don’t have to fill in all your info each time you want to leave a comment then cookies will be used for this. Cookies might also be used by the system for logging visitor and return visitor numbers as well.
Notice: Some of my links might be monetised – click Here and scroll towards the bottom for more information.