Unfortunately there was a problem with this blog earlier in the month, when I did my main monthly post on the Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog, so I couldn’t put a copy of what I said up on my own blog at that time – but “better late than never” as they say – so there follows a copy of what I said on the Inspiration Blog.
I know it’s usual to do a “Look Back” at the end of the year, but I thought I’d do a bit of a look back at how I got to be writing regularly for what is now called the Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog, at the begining of this year.
I first came across the work of Janette Padley on the website craftsUprint. Having been doing a variety of crafting most of my life I joined craftsUprint as a registered cardmaker way back in 2010. But it wasn’t until October 2012 that I made my first couple of cards using Janette’s work.
These are the first two cards I ever made using two of Janette’s wonderful digi-stamps of fun dragons –
Most of my early creations made using items from Dragons Lair Designs (DLD) were made using digi stamps bought via cUp, but I did then venture into using other digital downloads created by Janette as time went on.
After I’d done the first few creations using DLD items I was introduced to the Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group on Facebook and asked whether I’d like to join. Having found out a bit about the group I jumped at the chance and it wasn’t long before I was joining in the chat and challenges on offer there, and posting pictures of my creations made using DLD items.
When Fan Group members were asked if anybody would like to do a Guest post on this Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog I put my name forward and was given a date some months ahead.
Then, out of the blue, before my Guest post had even gone live, I was offered the chance to be a permanent member of the DT. With my health being up and down, and no saying when I would or wouldn’t be able to do postings, I agreed to take the DT member position on the understanding that the then DT leader was aware that I might be missing out on posts and other DT member activities occasionally.
This was my 1st creation to be blogged on this DLD Inspiration Blog –
I also joined the Design Team for the DLD Challenge Blog with my 1st creation for that team going live in April 2014.
Over time things like the names of the blogs and the name of Janette’s online store might have changed, I’ve even been made the Design Team Leader for the DLD Inspiration Blog, but the quality of the digital downloads available is still the same high quality, and the variety just grows as Janette adds new items.
So, looking forward to what’s going on in 2016 – well, there’s a new collection coming out 1st February so you’ll see lots of inspiration posts appearing in this blog showcasing some things that can be done with that. Also, after having a break for January, there will be a new challenge starting on the Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog the 1st Friday of February as well. And for an even more regular fix of all things Dragons Lair then please do join us in the Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group.
There are two things I’d like to add –
Dragons Lair Designs are currently running a Design Team Call
There’s currently a big discount available in the Dragons Lair Designs Store
And that is it from me for today.
Please visit the “Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog” regularly over the next few weeks as you’ll find various “Inspiration by …” posts appear from the other design team members. I’ll hopefully be back posting more regularly over the comming months with Dragons Lair Designs and other crafty makes.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Dragons Lair Designs Links
- If you fancy trying out some of Dragons Lair Designs, please do visit the Store to find all sorts of digital goodies for crafting, and the minimum spend is only £2 (you’ll find great digi-stamps and lots more).
- And why not join the “Dragons Lair Designs Fan Group” on Facebook. It’s a small, fun, group where we have lots of different activities which include exclusive challenges, lots of inspiration and giveaways – and there’s a loyalty club for those who take part as well where taking part gets you points, winning gets you more points, and get enough points and you get a voucher to spend in the shop.
- The “Dragons Lair Designs” page on Facebook. We love it when people “Like” us!
- While I’m not a fan of Pinterest and especially people’s habit of posting images, digi-stamps, etc., to the site that they’ve got no rights to, you can follow designer Janette Padley on Pinterest!
- See us on CraftsUPrint
- Dragons Lair Designs Challenge Blog : new challenge every month
- Dragons Lair Designs Inspiration Blog : a showcase/inspiration blog for lots of different crafting made using Dragons Lair Designs.
- Then of course there’s the Dragon Boss Lady’s own blog – Straight From The Craftroom
You can see my page on Facebook by clicking – here.
You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
(Thank you for reading this far. I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it, but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.)
(Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.)