Thank you for coming over to have a look at my blog
Wirework and Semi Precious Stones Tree
inc. YouTube Video and Giveaway
Hi and welcome to my blog (or welcome back if you’ve visited before).
Tree Of Life Style Wall Hanging
I have new videos (Welsh and English versions of the same one) live on the Crefftau Maes Mieri Crafts YouTube channel today.
I decided to do a video to show one way of making the round framed, tree of life style, wall hangings I’ve been makeing. I only tackle a project of this type when I’m feeling reasonably OK, but even so it took me lots of short sessions over 3 days to make the tree, but I’ve edited the video down to under 13 minutes, cutting out the shakeing hand and semi-precious stone chips flying all over the place because my grip had gone, so it won’t take you hours to watch how I made it.
While a set of jewellery pliers are good for this project, you could get away with using wire cutters and pliers from an ordinary tool set if you are makeing a large wall hanging. You would probably get markes on the wire you didn’t want, but OK if you are going for a distressed look tree.
I have made these types of circular ones smaller than an inch diameter before, and for that size you definately need the most dainty jewellery pliers you can find.
You can see :
The Welsh Video – Here!
The English Video – Here!
This is what the creation looks like when finished. It is around 14.5cm in diameter.
I do dome the centre up a bit while doing the final tidy up. This means the wall hanging casts a bit of a shaddow onto the wall behind it and appears more dimensional.
I’ve even made a box, ready to be closed, addressed, and posted – see giveaway information below!
I’d love to see any wirework projects that you have hand made, so please do pop photos into the album I’ve created to go with this post and video. You can find it – Here!
Blog/Facebook/YouTube Giveaway Draw
As it is only a short time since I announced that my first two (Welsh and English) Crafftau Maes Mieri Crafts channel YouTube video were live, and that I’d started a Page on Facebook to draw together the various Crafftau Maes Mieri Crafts online presences, I thought it would be a nice idea to do a giveaway draw as a sort of cellebration that I managed to actually get things started with my video making project, and not only get one, introduction, video done, but a couple of demo videos as well.
And what better thing for the giveaway than to give away the Tree Wall Hanging that I demonstrated in the video that is going live today.
I’m allowing up to four entries per person –
- Leave a comment below. Any comment, provided it’s not Spam, or nasty – in fact any comment that makes it through my usual moderation, will go into the hat.
- Leave a comment on the album that goes with this project on my Facebook page – Here!
- Put a photo of any of your wirework projects into the album – Here! (Any wirework project, be it wire encased beads, wirework brooches, wirework lettering, etc. I do like to see what others are doing. Leave a link to your blog post if you have one with details of your make.)
- Comment on either the English or Welsh version of the Wirework Tree videos on YouTube – Here or Yma! (I do want to know what you think of my videos, and if you have a suggestion of something you’d like to see me demonstrating then please let me know in your comment.)
That’s up to four chances to have your name in the draw. I’ll be collecting the names together from each location on the 1st March, 2019, and drawing one to win the wirework tree. The winner will be announced by the 3rd March in all locations.
I have several bits of different crafting on the go at the moment, so keep an eye out for them over the next few weeks.
- You can see my Gwyneth George area on Facebook by clicking – here.
- Crefftau MAES MIERI Crafts Facebook Page – here.
Please “Like“, “Follow“, and even “Share” if you think any of your friends might be interested.
- Crefftau Maes Mieri Crafts YouTube Chanel – here.
Please “Like” and “Subscribe“
- You can see the cards I’ve made using design sheets from CUP in my “Crafter Showcase Area” on Craftsuprint.com – here
(Just scroll down past the top boxes to see the cards.)
Thank you for reading this blog post.
I hope you like what you’ve seen and read – You should find a box below where you can leave a comment if you feel like it – but due to the fact that, like many I’m sure, I’ve had some problems with Spam/advertising posts that are absolutely nothing to do with the content of my blog, I now moderate all comments before they go live. Genuine comments will go live when I’ve checked through the list – usually a couple of times a day.
Thank you to every body who’s left comments on my previous blog posts. I really do appreciate them all.
If you can’t see the comment box then there should be a link that says “Responses” and clicking on that will bring up the box.
Notice: I’m sure you are already aware that any comments and details you leave will be stored on the system, and those that go through moderation will be visible to the public. If you are given the option for the system to store your details so that you don’t have to fill in all your info each time you want to leave a comment then cookies will be used for this. Cookies might also be used by the system for logging visitor and return visitor numbers as well.